Reload this Page >

Awaiting Welcome Letter/Card Production

Awaiting Welcome Letter/Card Production

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:41 am
Just Joined

trillium13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Awaiting Welcome Letter/Card Production

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, been doing a lot of reading but this is my first post.

Had AOS interview last Friday, were told we were approved, and that we were obviously a happily married couple. We didn't get a stamp at the time, nor did they take anything from us (EAD, I-94) Is this normal? I've kind of gathered that it happens, but I need some reassurance. Still some leftover nerves here.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get the welcome letter, then the green card? Thanks so much!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Awaiting Welcome Letter/Card Production

Same thing happened to me. He never took my EAD from me . And got my green card in mail I believe like a week after my approval. Congrats :-)
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trillium13
Is this normal?
It's probably normal for whatever state you're in. Practices vary widely across the country.

Still some leftover nerves here.
You'll be fine... no worries.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get the welcome letter, then the green card?
This depends on how timely the office is in getting the paperwork pushed through... but I'd give it at least 2-3 weeks and maybe a month. You'll often get 2 or 3 welcome letters the same day!

Ian
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Saito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud of

I did get the stamp, the officer did not take my EAD, didn't tell me if I was approved or not either, but my status changed to "card production ordered" in the website a month after the interview, and I got my welcome letter a week after that. The interview was in NYC.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saito
I did get the stamp, the officer did not take my EAD, didn't tell me if I was approved or not either, but my status changed to "card production ordered" in the website a month after the interview, and I got my welcome letter a week after that. The interview was in NYC.
You got an I-551 stamp in your passport?

That = "approved" at the interview.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Saito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud of

Actually, I'm not sure exactly what I got. I may remember it wrong (trust me, once this is done, my mind is making all the efforts to forget everything related tot his other that I'm approved).

I actually don't think I got a stamp (I'm not home ATM to check). I think she just tore off the i-94w and wrote "pending AOS" and her name, office etc. Sorry for that.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 1:48 am
Just Joined

trillium13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Checked case status online, prior to now the I485 hadn't even shown up there. Guess what??

Current Status: Card production ordered.

Old Apr 25th 2009, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

Congratulations
Old Apr 25th 2009, 6:04 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats indeed!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saito
Actually, I'm not sure exactly what I got. I may remember it wrong (trust me, once this is done, my mind is making all the efforts to forget everything related tot his other that I'm approved).

I actually don't think I got a stamp (I'm not home ATM to check). I think she just tore off the i-94w and wrote "pending AOS" and her name, office etc. Sorry for that.

there you go. that is normal for the NY DO.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trillium13
Checked case status online, prior to now the I485 hadn't even shown up there. Guess what??

Current Status: Card production ordered.

In today's mail:

"Welcome to the United States of America", dated April 27th, 2009.

Now for the actual card...

Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:27 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

The best thing about getting the actual card is the leaflet offering English lessons in your local area.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
The best thing about getting the actual card is the leaflet offering English lessons in your local area.
Hey, we didn't get one of those!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:45 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hey, we didn't get one of those!
Us neither.

Yay, Kar98!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.