Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Austerity - myth or reality?

Austerity - myth or reality?

Old Nov 7th 2019, 4:35 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Austerity - myth or reality?

Originally Posted by robin1234

Brilliant. I had no idea Andy Capp was still around! And, I love the fact that a dozen or more folk have time/inclination to comment on a little comic strip!!
I grew up with Andy Capp, and that was in Australia. He must have come over here a lot on one of his 'multiple holidays overseas'
Old Nov 7th 2019, 4:35 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Shame in a way, even though we all knew it was a troll we had fun playing with it for a while. Although yes, good call Christmas. We shouldn't be encouraging her/him
No, we shouldn’t. You are quite right.

Old Nov 7th 2019, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Shame in a way, even though we all knew it was a troll we had fun playing with it for a while. Although yes, good call Christmas. We shouldn't be encouraging her/him
I know, sorry about that. Next time (I have no doubt there will be a next time, clearly the guy has no life) we'll try and leave him even longer for you all to play with.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 4:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

No, we shouldn’t. You are quite right.

We all need to go and sit in the naughty chair

Old Nov 7th 2019, 4:38 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I know, sorry about that. Next time (I have no doubt there will be a next time, clearly the guy has no life) we'll try and leave him even longer for you all to play with.
Thanks Christmas. It will surely skulk around until it comes up with its next 'believable' persona. Was a good chuckle though!
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely not.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 7th 2019 at 4:42 pm.
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

the guy has no life.
Well, to be fair, who does?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Well, to be fair, who does?

Well quite. Setting up fake emails and re-registering on a forum numerous times just to try and wind people up is a whole other level of pathetic loser though, even by BE standards.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 4:41 pm
Heading for Poppyland

As long as that’s not the chair that’s still warm, because the cat sat on it.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 4:45 pm
Concierge

Well quite. Setting up fake emails and re-registering on a forum numerous times just to try and wind people up is a whole other level of pathetic loser though, even by BE standards.
That's true. Sometimes I feel sorry for people who feel the need to do it, it's like they're unable to interact with people in a normal way so they have to resort to making up new personalities. I also suspect that they're the sort of person who doesn't get much attention paid to them in real life. It's quite sad really
That won't stop me taking the wee wee though It might help them to overcome their problems.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 4:47 pm
Concierge

As long as that’s not the chair that’s still warm, because the cat sat on it.
I don't mind a warm chair from a cat, I'm not so keen on warm from someone else's bum. I hope I can say 'bum' in the Trailer Park.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 5:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Doh. And the penny's dropped, can't believe it took me 2 hours to work out who you were.

The troll has left the building (yet again) folks.
I wasn't missing him from the first time around

Was he also Mr. Shouty from TIO (Elgin) or was that someone else?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for showing him the door, but not before we had a bit of fun with him. I did consider calling “TROLL” but decided Andy Capp was a better use of my post.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hrowen
Its pretty simple Eastern Europeans do the jobs Brits dont want to do or more explicitly dont 'have' to do when welfare provides a more attractive option. Migrants dont come to the UK to bludge the system same as the immigrants who come to the US. If there were no jobs they wouldnt come. Stop the welfare give the lazy Brit an ultimatum of doing the jobs offered to them see what happens.

Nigel is that you?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 10:23 pm
Heading for Poppyland

I don't mind a warm chair from a cat, I'm not so keen on warm from someone else's bum. I hope I can say 'bum' in the Trailer Park.
There was a comedy skit, may have been Monty Python, may have been something else.
Dad calls in son to give him the sex ed lecture.
Dad chickens out - he tells him a woman gets pregnant by sitting down in a chair that’s still warm from her husband sitting on it.
Son is v. concerned - says he just sat down in a chair still warm from the cat ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.