Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

AOS spokane sucsess(sort of)

AOS spokane sucsess(sort of)

Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Rose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant future
Smile AOS spokane sucsess(sort of)

hey its roses husband here,
just had to let everyone know that the interview went perfect...pretty much approved on the spot.but im still waiting on the fbi background check...i just hope that doesnt take too long.
anyways the women who interviewd us was very nice...even though our attorney told us that she can be mean sometimes...she wasnt.we got there at bout 11:00 and were called in at about 12.
she swore us in and then we sat down,she was really pleasant and only really asked me the date we got married,all the yes/no questions and a few others.she asked me if i knew i had overstayed...i looked at her and said"i didnt mean to" she looked at me and smiled and said "yeah right"then she took from us our car registration and our bank account details.i also had my police certificate from the uk,so she was happy about that...im just waiting on the fbi check,which ive heard so many horror stories from people waiting on it for 3 years at the most..maybe more.
hopefully it wont take forever to do.
i just want to thank everyone for their valuble advice..rene,rete,ian,secretgarden...thankyou.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS spokane sucsess(sort of)

Congratulations! The hard part is over! Hopefully security checks won't take too much longer.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:15 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rose5
just had to let everyone know that the interview went perfect...pretty much approved on the spot.but im still waiting on the fbi background check...i just hope that doesnt take too long.
anyways the women who interviewd us was very nice...even though our attorney told us that she can be mean sometimes...she wasnt.we got there at bout 11:00 and were called in at about 12.
she swore us in and then we sat down,she was really pleasant and only really asked me the date we got married,all the yes/no questions and a few others.she asked me if i knew i had overstayed...i looked at her and said"i didnt mean to" she looked at me and smiled and said "yeah right"then she took from us our car registration and our bank account details.i also had my police certificate from the uk,so she was happy about that...im just waiting on the fbi check,which ive heard so many horror stories from people waiting on it for 3 years at the most..maybe more.
i just want to thank everyone for their valuble advice..rene,rete,ian,secretgarden...thankyou.
Sweet job, Rose. Fingers crossed that the check comes through soon.

How's the weather there? We were in Spokane for a family get together last weekend, and the weather was fabulous. Took the kids bathing in Comstock Park, and had a great late afternoon barbeque. Seems like a lot of people like to dump on Spokane, but I really like it. Then again, my wife tells me that it's improved a whole lot in the last 10-12 years...
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Rose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Sweet job, Rose. Fingers crossed that the check comes through soon.

How's the weather there? We were in Spokane for a family get together last weekend, and the weather was fabulous. Took the kids bathing in Comstock Park, and had a great late afternoon barbeque. Seems like a lot of people like to dump on Spokane, but I really like it. Then again, my wife tells me that it's improved a whole lot in the last 10-12 years...
thanks rene and nettlebed for your replies.i really hope it doesnt take that long to do my security check..still its been a good day for us both.
the weather here is great...its supposed to cool down this week sometime.i love it here in spokane,i used to live in cornwall so its a big change.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! My husband and I have our AOS interview in Seattle on September 30th and am guessing we will be waiting on the FBI name check too.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

CAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rose5
Good news, the hard part is over!! CONGRATS!!

Again, just like how my interview went!! The only difference is, that the lady that interviewed us, was a bit snappy...she was behind in her cases so that must have been the reason.

I was told that I had to wait on the FBI check too, the letter with the outcome came 3 days after our interview, so keep an eye on the mailbox this week!

Glad to hear you sailed through the interview very well! I am happy for you guys!!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 3:44 am
Ann

"Rose5" <member34362@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > hey its roses husband here,
    > just had to let everyone know that the interview went perfect...pretty
    > much approved on the spot.but im still waiting on the fbi background
    > check...i just hope that doesnt take too long.
    > anyways the women who interviewd us was very nice...even though our
    > attorney told us that she can be mean sometimes...she wasnt.we got there
    > at bout 11:00 and were called in at about 12.
    > she swore us in and then we sat down,she was really pleasant and only
    > really asked me the date we got married,all the yes/no questions and a
    > few others.she asked me if i knew i had overstayed...i looked at her and
    > said"i didnt mean to" she looked at me and smiled and said "yeah
    > right"then she took from us our car registration and our bank account
    > details.i also had my police certificate from the uk,so she was happy
    > about that...im just waiting on the fbi check,which ive heard so many
    > horror stories from people waiting on it for 3 years at the most..maybe
    > more.
    > hopefully it wont take forever to do.
    > i just want to thank everyone for their valuble
    > advice..rene,rete,ian,secretgarden...thankyou.

congratulaions!

you said you had your police certificate from the UK with you. I too am
from the UK. Will I need to get a police certificate too.

By the way, I didn't know that the FBI check takes place after the
interview. I thought that was the whole point of the fingerprinting and
biometrics.

Thanks.

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: AOS spokane sucsess(sort of)

hi ann,
you will need the police certificate as it is requred with the security checks and the security checks are done as soon as you have you fingerprints and biometrics done...mine for some reason just isnt done yet...its taken some people years before they get their background checks done.all i know is my attorney was very happy that i had my police certificate with me.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:11 pm
Ann

"Rose5" <member34362@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> "Rose5" <member34362@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected] m...
    >> > hey its roses husband here,
    >> > just had to let everyone know that the interview went
    >> > perfect...pretty
    >> > much approved on the spot.but im still waiting on the fbi background
    >> > check...i just hope that doesnt take too long.
    >> > anyways the women who interviewd us was very nice...even though our
    >> > attorney told us that she can be mean sometimes...she wasnt.we got
    >> > there
    >> > at bout 11:00 and were called in at about 12.
    >> > she swore us in and then we sat down,she was really pleasant and
    >> > only
    >> > really asked me the date we got married,all the yes/no questions and
    >> > a
    >> > few others.she asked me if i knew i had overstayed...i looked at her
    >> > and
    >> > said"i didnt mean to" she looked at me and smiled and said "yeah
    >> > right"then she took from us our car registration and our bank
    >> > account
    >> > details.i also had my police certificate from the uk,so she was
    >> > happy
    >> > about that...im just waiting on the fbi check,which ive heard so
    >> > many
    >> > horror stories from people waiting on it for 3 years at the
    >> > most..maybe
    >> > more.
    >> > hopefully it wont take forever to do.
    >> > i just want to thank everyone for their valuble
    >> > advice..rene,rete,ian,secretgarden...thankyou.
    >> congratulaions!
    >> you said you had your police certificate from the UK with you. I too
    >> am
    >> from the UK. Will I need to get a police certificate too.
    >> By the way, I didn't know that the FBI check takes place after the
    >> interview. I thought that was the whole point of the fingerprinting
    >> and
    >> biometrics.
    >> Thanks.
    >> > --
    >> > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > hi ann,
    > you will need the police certificate as it is requred with the security
    > checks and the security checks are done as soon as you have you
    > fingerprints and biometrics done...mine for some reason just isnt done
    > yet...its taken some people years before they get their background
    > checks done.all i know is my attorney was very happy that i had my
    > police certificate with me.

Hi - I just reviewed the instructions for I-485. Under police clearance it
says that it is required if you are applying as a member of a special class
described in I-485 supplement. Are you member of a special class. I am
not. What do you think? Would I still need one?

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression that if you are already in the USA, and are adjusting status while here, then you do not need to submit a police report.

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2005, 6:26 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I was under the impression that if you are already in the USA, and are adjusting status while here, then you do not need to submit a police report.

Rene
I didn't submit one (adjusted from H-1B to LPR), but then again, I had to turn in Memoranda of Convictions for my convistions. Not sure whether that makes a difference or not...