Reload this Page >

anyone with the same dreams

anyone with the same dreams

Old Dec 16th 2006, 1:47 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: anyone with the same dreams

Originally Posted by chippie74
Ive hit a dead end in life at the moment im 32 with girlfreind 30 we both feel the same.We have had the big house the nice holidays the nice car ect. We both work 40hrs each(for what). I just look around manchester and think is this it ..is this life!!. We have just sent off for 136 visa so proberly 6-9 months wait we are off to perth hopefully!!.We was both in australia last xmas and loved it there we both chose perth as we really enjoyed it there and its easier for me for work.ie dnt need license!!
my question for people is did anyone feel the same before you went abroad and not turn out as planned ect
It would be easier to put this in the other forum but i would like to here both sides
Had no qualms about leaving England, there was no future there at the time. If there was less risk involved, and it were less complicated, would return next week.

The new food, drink, accents and sights wear thin after a while and you yearn to belong again. The simple, mundane things which you didn't even think about before become desirable. 'Course if you're sitting in a damp flat with screaming neighbours, crime and no hope. That will make no sense at all.....

Well, you did bleedin' ask.....
Old Dec 16th 2006, 10:37 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Well I will buck the trend and say don't do it. If it were me knowing what I know about Oz now, I' d say definitely get out of your rut, but go somewhere that there will be a real difference to what you know. Not somewhere that is so similar on the one hand (or at least perceived) and so foreign on the other.

You're young enough to have a real two year adventure, not swap one rutty life for another. Have a real adventure, then you can always settle in Aus later.

My 2p
Old Dec 16th 2006, 10:52 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

you're both relatively young no kids and so go for it coz if you don't you'll always be wondering......best of luck
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo
Do it. My move to Aus was driven largely by a desire to get out of a bit of a rut I felt I'd gotten in to. It was exactly what I needed. I'm back in the Uk now, and although this sounds a bit poncy, it's given me a totally different perspective, and I'm really happy and content here now. It didn't turn out as planned because Aus is so boring, insular and so far up it's own backside it's unreal. If you go there and like Aus, then great, you've hit the jackpot. If you don't, do what I did - move back to anywhere in the UK you fancy, blow off the cobwebs and start again. It's very liberating.

Good luck.

superb post. my feelings exactly. i look at what the uk has to offer in a better light now, much better lifestyle, perth was soooooooo boring, my partner and son are retuning end of January now, flights booked and we can close the book on aus for good. then move on to a new adventure in the uk.