Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Anyone had Pleurisy? Advice appreciated...

Anyone had Pleurisy? Advice appreciated...

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:10 am
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone had Pleurisy? Advice appreciated...

Originally Posted by katieuk
So after cold after cold after cold, my annoying little friend has decided to evolve into Pleurisy. I am officially miserable and pissed off, not to mention my ribs feel like I took a particularly nasty tackle from someone five times larger than me

Anyone with any advice, weird home remedies, or maybe just horrific Pleurisy tales, to make me feel better?:curse:
Wishing you a speedy recovery Katieuk. I hope all those around you are pampering you like mad.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Katie...sorry to hear you're ill. Hope you're receiving medical care. Get well soon.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Anyone had Pleurisy? Advice appreciated...

I had it once. It was 4 a.m. and I thought I was having a heart attack. My wife, who is a RN, said "we are going to the ER". Dr. ran the appropriate tests, then said "You have a little pleurisy". It was hurting like hell, so I hate to think what a lot of pleurisy felt like. Anyway, Dr. gave me a prescription for steroids, and it cleared up in a few days.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

So after cold after cold after cold, my annoying little friend has decided to evolve into Pleurisy. I am officially miserable and pissed off, not to mention my ribs feel like I took a particularly nasty tackle from someone five times larger than me

Anyone with any advice, weird home remedies, or maybe just horrific Pleurisy tales, to make me feel better?:curse:
Oh katie, Im so sorry to hear that you are so sick.

Hugs and kisses to you. Take care and be well soon. We miss you!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:33 pm
Banned

katieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cindyabs
No milk, if you're a milk drinker.

Onion poultice.
Cindy - I am intrigued by the thought of an onion poultice. Any more info would be appreciated
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:44 pm
Banned

katieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud of

To all of you lovely people - many thanks!

Good eggs, all of you
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

To all of you lovely people - many thanks!

Good eggs, all of you
Katie - hang in there - sounds awful! I must admit I don't know what pleurisy is - and hope to keep it that way.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't sound like a lot of fun and I'm glad I don't have it. Hang on in there and go back to the doc's if it doesn't improve soon
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Catherine de Medici and Anna Pavlova died of pleurisy
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Catherine de Medici and Anna Pavlova died of pleurisy
As I said earlier, thank you all for your kind thoughts
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:12 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear you is ill Katie nasty ****** is pleurisy - had two run ins with it myself. Was uncomfortable as hell, just taking a breath was difficult because of the pain. Tends to stick around for about 2 weeks or so. Sending you some cyber grapes and some VERY gentle hugs.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:34 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

this sounds like a sure fire entrant for my 'nasty things i dont ever want to have list'. Hope you feel better asap!