Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Is anyone always hot no matter them temp inside?

Is anyone always hot no matter them temp inside?

Old Nov 4th 2015, 1:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is anyone always hot no matter them temp inside?

I am always hot, much to the displeasure of my wife since I am miserably hot at even 65-68 degrees, and may as well be a heat wave at 70-73.

I sleep with a fan year round, hardly ever use blankets and always sweltering warm.

All the blood work comes back normal and doctor doesn't seem to be concerned, but man is it ever annoying.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 3:07 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone always hot no matter them temp inside?

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am always hot, much to the displeasure of my wife since I am miserably hot at even 65-68 degrees, and may as well be a heat wave at 70-73. I sleep with a fan year round, hardly ever use blankets and always sweltering warm. All the blood work comes back normal and doctor doesn't seem to be concerned, but man is it ever annoying.
You are not really menopausal woman posting as a younger man are you, Jsmith?

Just kidding. Your enquiry reminds me of complaints of women my age who have hot flushes and are always burning hotter than everyone else in the room. It's happened to me, too. Not as bad for me as it was a few years ago, but I'm definitely not cold as often as I was most of my life.... I feel for you.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

Are you taking any medicine that can cause hot flushes, such as norvasc?
Old Nov 4th 2015, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

I run hot, always have done. My baseline temp tends to throws new nurses off.
I'm used to it but it did cause issues with HusbandChogs tempurpedic bed which has now been relegated to the spare room.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had your thyroid checked?
Old Nov 4th 2015, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

I am always hot, much to the displeasure of my wife since I am miserably hot at even 65-68 degrees, and may as well be a heat wave at 70-73. I sleep with a fan year round, hardly ever use blankets and always sweltering warm. All the blood work comes back normal and doctor doesn't seem to be concerned, but man is it ever annoying.
The easiest way to stop feeling hot is to start wearing a jacket early in the year, even when you feel warm. You also need to stop running that fan:-). One thing that I've noticed is that most people actually feel cold, because they always wear a jacket. My advise to them would be to stop wearing that jacket for a while, even if they feel cold.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
The easiest way to stop feeling hot is to start wearing a jacket early in the year, even when you feel warm. You also need to stop running that fan:-). One thing that I've noticed is that most people actually feel cold, because they always wear a jacket. My advise to them would be to stop wearing that jacket for a while, even if they feel cold.
What? Is your definition of jacket different to mine?
Old Nov 4th 2015, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom
What? Is your definition of jacket different to mine?
People wear a jacket to feel warmer but that's also a big problem. If you look around you, many people start wearing their jacket far to early in the year and by the time it's really winter, even their jacket doesn't help and they even need more layers.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 3:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
People wear a jacket to feel warmer but that's also a big problem. If you look around you, many people start wearing their jacket far to early in the year and by the time it's really winter, even their jacket doesn't help and they even need more layers.
I was in New York a couple of weeks ago and it was fairly mild IMO. I was fine in a short sleeved shirt and no coat or jacket at all, even in the evening, after dark, whereas many people were wearing what I would describe as heavy jackets and winter coats. Some people were even wearing scarves and hats!

To the OP, I usually feel warm and am rarely cold. I attribute a good bit of that to having curly hair which provides insulation as good as a hat. When it snows I have had snow settle (not melt) on top of my head.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 4th 2015 at 3:57 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 9:23 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Yep my hubby is always hot, can't sleep unless it's 72° not 73°, kicks off his blankets even though he sleeps in his knickers.

Meanwhile I've got my jammies on with the blanket up to my neck. Would love to put the quilt on but he'd throw a fit so I sometimes sneak another blanket on my side.

He does have an (untreated) thyroid problem - don't ask bloody men and doctors!!!, so that could be the cause.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you drink a lot of hot drinks? Not sure if that makes a difference, but I always feel warmer after drinking a hot cuppa.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Have you had your thyroid checked?
The doctor has checked it a couple of times and the results always come back within the normal or acceptable range.

Originally Posted by Redwing
Are you taking any medicine that can cause hot flushes, such as norvasc?
I am on Effexor but I don't see bring warm as a side effect, but I guess it could still be a possibility.

Some men may not see doctors, but I am not one of them. I see a doctor as needed when something feels off with my body, and the doctor insists on seeing me a few times a year for the anti-depressant refill.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you taking paxil by any chance?
Old Nov 5th 2015, 2:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mrken30
Are you taking paxil by any chance?
Effexor, generic venlafaxine.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 3:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I am always hot, much to the displeasure of my wife since I am miserably hot at even 65-68 degrees, and may as well be a heat wave at 70-73.

I sleep with a fan year round, hardly ever use blankets and always sweltering warm.

All the blood work comes back normal and doctor doesn't seem to be concerned, but man is it ever annoying.
Just hot or hot and perspiring? Hot sweaty hands, perspiration on body and not armpits??

Have you been checked for hyperhydrosis?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat097; Nov 5th 2015 at 3:19 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.