Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Another Quality Product from the US of A

Another Quality Product from the US of A

Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:11 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Quality Product from the US of A

My Ford 350 has never been anything to drool over, but today it really hit a new low. I actually managed to wash some paint off with soap and water. What a bag of shite
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Quality Product from the US of A

You weren't suppose to use a brillo pad with the soap.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thydney
My Ford 350 has never been anything to drool over, but today it really hit a new low. I actually managed to wash some paint off with soap and water. What a bag of shite
Sorry, sorry, but that made me chortle involuntarily...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:29 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Passat and it's shite too, I think VW here is Mexican?.. There is always something wrong with it, it's nothing to do with a similar car I had in England and I was very happy with.. I can't wait to see the back of it :curse:
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

reminds me of the cannonball run movie (or was it 2) where the lambo changes color in the car wash
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:21 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of Fords had paint issues, so you should see whether you are the victim of a common problem.

One place to check is the NHTSA website: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ewr/ You should check for both recalls and TSB's (technical service bulletins) that might apply to your situation.

You might want to look at this link as well: http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/mo...0-2005-models/

Originally Posted by anabella
I have a Passat and it's shite too, I think VW here is Mexican?.. There is always something wrong with it, it's nothing to do with a similar car I had in England and I was very happy with.. I can't wait to see the back of it :curse:
Jettas and earlier model Golfs are from Mexico, but the Passats sold in the US are from the German factories that produce product for Europe.

VW's don't fare very well here. Unless you really love them and can accept the downsides of ownership, they generally aren't worth buying here.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:41 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I took my Milan to be washed today and thought I would get a proper job done, which means I was too flippen lazy to clean it myself anyway $22 later the wheel trim was still filthy and I made them vaccum the carpets again, I will go back to doing it myself next time but at least the paint did not come off lol poor Thyd
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:12 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Ford: Found On Road Dead.

Biggest piece of shit I ever owned (and I've owned some doozies) was a Ford Orion.

Much like scientists can't figure out exactly how a bumblebee flies (it's apparently impossible) the 534,239 Ford Orions produced by Ford during the car's ten year production span continued to shuffle around Britain's roads. One of them even found it's way into my possession.

However, much like dying elephants trudge to their ancestral graveyard, all Ford Orions eventually wind up in the same place. On the hard shoulder of the M3.

That one was British though. Don't blame America for Ford's legacy of lameness.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:26 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

yep, that definately sounds like the definition of "bag of shite"...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:29 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Biggest piece of shit I ever owned (and I've owned some doozies) was a Ford Orion.
Perhaps this topic is worthy of a thread of its own. Can't be arsed to start one, so I hereby let it be known that the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned (by quite some distance) was a Citroen ZX.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:49 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Perhaps this topic is worthy of a thread of its own. Can't be arsed to start one, so I hereby let it be known that the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned (by quite some distance) was a Citroen ZX.
Yep start it BE ARSED there will be plenty of replys
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:37 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

It pays to remember the phrase for which FORD is an acronym for.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:56 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Therst car I owned over here was a 93 Ford Tempo.......
I bought it on the drip from one of those instant car credit places.

a month later I hit a deer and the insurance paid it off as a total loss.

I bought it off the insurance company as salvage as the bodywork was dented up but the motor was fine.

someone backed into it cracking the grill and headlight while I was parked......... I got $800 off their insurance for it.

it finally died when someone pulled out on me in the middle off winter and I slid into them. That got me $500 off their insurance.

The Tempo was like having a second income for awhile. It was a brilliant little car.

My next car was a 98 Chevy Caprice, a complete lemon..
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:44 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

We bought an Olds Cutlass off a GM exec-one of their product cars-paint didn't flake, it just started fading.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:47 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

It pays to remember the phrase for which FORD is an acronym for.
Sir! Sir! Fix Or Repair Daily? Do I get the prize?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.