Annoying

Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:28 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying

Originally Posted by jcapulet
I can really relate to this part Partystar...one of the many reasons I want to move to Canada where my hubby's family is. Originally, I was going to move to Canada, but it seemed better overall for him to move here. When he did, his family was sad but supported him 100%. And like you've mentioned, his family treats me like part of the family, and that's very important.

When I told my parents I was considering moving to Canada, I got all the emotional guilt trips they could sling at me. Even when my Mom clearly saw my point, she'd start it all over again. Interesting how my moving to another country means I "don't love" her. Er...what about my happiness in life and wanting to live where I want to live?

I'm glad to hear your husband stood by you!
Thanx mate! Yeah, my family supported us 100% when we moved here, never gave me guilt trips, they just said they would miss us, as I'm sure they knew it was hard for me, they made it as easy as they could for us. I guess it just pissed me off the way that MIL said, well you knew he was American when you married him, giving me the impression that it was automatically meant that I was supposed to give up my life & move to America, because he was American.

What about the fact that he knew I was British when we got married, does that mean that he should automatically know that I want us to live in England, no it doesn't. I tried it here, it doesn't work for us, so we're going back to where we were perfectly happy. At the end of the day, we're both happy with the decision & that's just it, it's our decision, not hers. Parents!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:30 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
And you've gotta do your natz.
Not sure we'll bother with that, it'll take too long, we wanna be gone before that.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:37 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Not sure we'll bother with that, it'll take too long, we wanna be gone before that.
It's a mistake! There's a post from a similar shuttlecock on here this very morning who regretted not doing it.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It's a mistake! There's a post from a similar shuttlecock on here this very morning who regretted not doing it.
Yup ..I agree ..do that just before you go ... It can really make a difference in the future
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:47 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Ray
Yup ..I agree ..do that just before you go ... It can really make a difference in the future
I agree it's worth doing, but I can't apply until I've had my GC for 3 years (right?), which will be January 2009 & I'll want to be back in England way before that, so that Tyler can be in school, so it's just not feasible.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:54 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I agree it's worth doing, but I can't apply until I've had my GC for 3 years (right?), which will be January 2009 & I'll want to be back in England way before that, so that Tyler can be in school, so it's just not feasible.

A year or two of a US education at that age won't damage him that much!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:58 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx mate! Yeah, my family supported us 100% when we moved here, never gave me guilt trips, they just said they would miss us, as I'm sure they knew it was hard for me, they made it as easy as they could for us. I guess it just pissed me off the way that MIL said, well you knew he was American when you married him, giving me the impression that it was automatically meant that I was supposed to give up my life & move to America, because he was American.

What about the fact that he knew I was British when we got married, does that mean that he should automatically know that I want us to live in England, no it doesn't. I tried it here, it doesn't work for us, so we're going back to where we were perfectly happy. At the end of the day, we're both happy with the decision & that's just it, it's our decision, not hers. Parents!
Wow your MIL will say anything!

You can't make both sides of the family happy...either way, one side will be missing out (unfortunately). What's important is that it's a mutual decision between you and your hubby...and if the UK is where you think you'll be happiest, that's where you should be!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

A year or two of a US education at that age won't damage him that much!
That all deepens on where you are over here, all I will say is I dont want my Son being the odd one out, and thats nothing to do with me being English either Our plans for moving back home are full speed ahead now being as our Son's 4 years old, hubby's gave us his blessing to pull all the stop's out to start back home without him, he gets out of the Navy in July 07 and cant wait to get back to England
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:41 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by britvic
That all deepens on where you are over here, all I will say is I dont want my Son being the odd one out, and thats nothing to do with me being English either Our plans for moving back home are full speed ahead now being as our Son's 4 years old, hubby's gave us his blessing to pull all the stop's out to start back home without him, he gets out of the Navy in July 07 and cant wait to get back to England
Oh good for you Vic! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly & we'll meet you there!!!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good for you Vic! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly & we'll meet you there!!!
Blessyou me darlin I bet you feel great with hubby 100% behind you, got to love them Yank's that will do it for us
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:09 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Y'know, all this is good training about what NOT to do with your own children!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:33 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

As always there is more than meets the eye. .
see that's why I asked if there was more to know cos I hated for you to think I was jumping on your ass....actually ...that is a lot more to know!! now I feel sorry more than ever for those two kids!!!

Well sounds like no love will be lost if you will move but even if it is only for the kids sake let them know that they are always be welcome to visit...at least then they can not throw that in your face in the future.....good luck on your future plans
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:51 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
haha!! if you don't want to makes mistakes as far as kids are concerned...DON"T HAVE ANY!!!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Yeah, sorry about that, I have to go through my inbox.
You're obviously quite a girl if your inbox is regularly filled.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 4:15 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Sarah
It certainly is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.