Annoying

Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:43 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Annoying

Well it's no secret that my hubby's family are a pain in my arse! I told them the other day that we will be moving back to England in a year or 2. MIL & my hubby’s little half brother (10) & sister (11) were there. They asked me why, so I gave them the short 'made for TV' version, 'I just don't belong here' was my short & to the point answer.

Well, I basically got verbally attacked about it yesterday. MIL said that hubby's little sister was upset & had cried about it later that day, although I saw no emotion from her at the time that I said it, so this could be untrue, as my MIL is well known for lying.

I guess it just pissed me off how all knowing she was about everything. She has spent less than a week in England, so doesn't know anything about the place, but she felt that she could argue with my more in depth reasons for wanting to leave. She asked me not to mention anything about it anymore.

Of course, I left out the parts about me not liking hubby’s side of the family! But, I did say that I missed my family & friends, but she thought that it really didn't matter, as it would be hubby that would feel the same way once back in England. I had to bite my tongue about that one, as it would not be the same at all.

At which point, hubby walked in & started taking my side of the argument, which I was not expecting. I asked him about it later & he said it made sense to him now that we should move back to England. So now we're all in agreement, so all should work out well for us. He's not 100% about moving back there, but can see that it would be best for us as a family.

Yippee!!!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:48 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying

Originally Posted by Partystar
Well it's no secret that my hubby's family are a pain in my arse! I told them the other day that we will be moving back to England in a year or 2. MIL & my hubby’s little half brother (10) & sister (11) were there. They asked me why, so I gave them the short 'made for TV' version, 'I just don't belong here' was my short & to the point answer.

Well, I basically got verbally attacked about it yesterday. MIL said that hubby's little sister was upset & had cried about it later that day, although I saw no emotion from her at the time that I said it, so this could be untrue, as my MIL is well known for lying.

I guess it just pissed me off how all knowing she was about everything. She has spent less than a week in England, so doesn't know anything about the place, but she felt that she could argue with my more in depth reasons for wanting to leave. She asked me not to mention anything about it anymore.

Of course, I left out the parts about me not liking hubby’s side of the family! But, I did say that I missed my family & friends, but she thought that it really didn't matter, as it would be hubby that would feel the same way once back in England. I had to bite my tongue about that one, as it would not be the same at all.

At which point, hubby walked in & started taking my side of the argument, which I was not expecting. I asked him about it later & he said it made sense to him now that we should move back to England. So now we're all in agreement, so all should work out well for us. He's not 100% about moving back there, but can see that it would be best for us as a family.

Yippee!!!
That's really great for you! Now you have to sell the house that you just bought, what a pain in the butt. Whatever makes you happy though is what you should do and you are lucky that your hubby feels the same way. YOU GO GIRL!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee!!!
bloody hell, what you waiting for girl, get them flights booked and those bags packed!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Maybe rent it out in case you decide you've changed and want to come back? (Go read the moving back to the UK from OZ forum for a while )
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy for you Partystar, sounds like you've got a good one there keep hold of him. Hope you will all be very happy when you get back to the UK.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds as though your MIL just reminded you why you want to go back. I'm glad it's all working out for you.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's no secret that my hubby's family are a pain in my arse! ...............At which point, hubby walked in & started taking my side of the argument, which I was not expecting. I asked him about it later & he said it made sense to him now that we should move back to England. So now we're all in agreement, so all should work out well for us. He's not 100% about moving back there, but can see that it would be best for us as a family.

Yippee!!!

Wow - that's great news that he seems to be coming 'round at long last! I hope it all works out for you - just bide your time!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:17 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee!!!

Hmmmm, you've given them motive ... now all they need are means and opportunity. Sorry, I've been watching too many 'Midsomer Murders' with John Nettles ... crazy, crazy stuff.

Last edited by User Name; Apr 17th 2006 at 11:34 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

hehe..well that's good news, superb
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with everything.

I suppose MIL might be feeling sad, though.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

So I guess the house buying is on hold?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

sad how MIL is more worried about her son being unhappy there than you being unhappy here.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

great news for you....now strike while the iron's hot...get them suitcases out
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful that MIL doesn't do a bit of emotional blackmail on your hubby. About how much the younger kids and her will miss him so much, etc. etc.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Will the cases be packed before the BBQ? Or will I still see ya?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.