Wikiposts

American Sit Coms

Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Sit Coms

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yes agreed you are right for once

Its not a sitcom but I really want to know what is it with this cult following thing for bloody Saturday night life totally Crap, infact I feel sorry for some of the guests on there its so damn cheesy and not funny, but my ex-hubby would curl up with laughter and I would sit there in total disbelief at the utter bollocks in the sketches.
That show was really funny ... in the 70's or so ...
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:23 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
That show was really funny ... in the 70's or so ...
So was Benny Hill, you hit the nail on the head the flippen 70's lol
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:55 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

I liked 'Laugh-In' when they showed episodes on Nick-At-Nite.

Sock it to meee!!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 1:06 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes agreed you are right for once

Its not a sitcom but I really want to know what is it with this cult following thing for bloody Saturday night life totally Crap, infact I feel sorry for some of the guests on there its so damn cheesy and not funny, but my ex-hubby would curl up with laughter and I would sit there in total disbelief at the utter bollocks in the sketches.
probably a good reason you divorced him
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:05 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
probably a good reason you divorced him
It was one of the factors he would not leave the house when SNL was on and we had TIVO he used to giggle and get all excited like a little kid
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It was one of the factors he would not leave the house when SNL was on and we had TIVO he used to giggle and get all excited like a little kid
Oh no.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:37 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
None of them even come close to Coupling though.
DBJ mate - are you serious? The "Com" would be for comedy and there was none of that on either the UK or US versions. More t!ts than laughs IMO.

British Shows
Anyone enjoy Brass Eye in the 90's? Chris Morris was a comedy genius. In fact, chuck in most things by Steve Coogan and Armando Ianucci.
Peep Show is a clever concept done very well and Series 1 of Look Around You was bang-on if anyone grew up in the 80's in the British education system (down to the disappearing seconds on a clockface ) Series 2 was a disappointing sophomore effort.

American Shows
Seinfeld is probably the one I'd rather have on a desert island with me. Scrubs was always enjoyable to watch as is the US version of The Office. Dwight is nothing like Gareth but the dour big black guy more than makes up for him.
Carpoolers seems to be the best of the current crop, written by one of the Kids In The Hall, which was kinda hit & miss.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Look Around You was brilliant. Don't forget The Mighty Boosh either.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:16 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

No more Peep Show fans? Thought I was going to shit myself from laughing so hard at the last episode of series 4 earlier today.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tonrob
No more Peep Show fans? Thought I was going to shit myself from laughing so hard at the last episode of series 4 earlier today.
Yeah I like it
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:22 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
OMG, that is soooooo brilliant!
Shadheim!! My fav episode

Frasier has to be the best written series ever!

Seinfeld - Kramer was pretty on top of it - the shower bit where he cooked in there was hilarious.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

I did like American sitcoms when I first came here, but I grew very tired of them very quickly.
The only night I really watch sitcoms is on a Saturday night when this weird but cool channel shows Open All Hours and Fawlty Towers.
Any other time I watch American game shows. I love them, they are so cool!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

It's weird because most American humour leaves me going "hmmmm...." while raising one eyebrow, while everyone around me is wetting themselves laughing. Yet things Americans totally miss the humour in, I'm creasing up laughing with tears rolling down my face. For instance, I went on You Tube the other day, and found some old episodes of The Fast Show. OMG, I forgot how much they used to make me laugh, I'm sitting there, unable to breathe while crying with laughter, my hubby is sitting there with that bemused look on his face as if to say "WTF is this?" lol!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:04 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Cheater... on saturday night .thats funny
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:15 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

SNL has its moments. The ones with Christopher Walken and his 'The Continental' character are absolutely HILARIOUS. !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.