Aggressive drivers

Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:16 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aggressive drivers

I am damn tired of aggressive drivers. They approach a stop sign at full speed only to hit the brakes hard at the last moment, leaving you to wonder (with the right of way) if they will stop or try to shoot through.
Tailgaters when you are driving at the same speed as the car directly in front of you.
Finally anyone who wont let you change lanes if it puts you ahead of them.
I could go on...Take it from here.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 2:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aggressive drivers

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
I am damn tired of aggressive drivers. They approach a stop sign at full speed only to hit the brakes hard at the last moment, leaving you to wonder (with the right of way) if they will stop or try to shoot through.
Tailgaters when you are driving at the same speed as the car directly in front of you.
Finally anyone who wont let you change lanes if it puts you ahead of them.
I could go on...Take it from here.
Not too bad here...apart from blowing the horn as the light changes to green.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not too bad here...apart from blowing the horn as the light changes to green.
Definition of the nanosecond. The time from the lights going green to that bastard behind you pressing his horn......
Old Jun 16th 2013, 5:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveq
Definition of the nanosecond. The time from the lights going green to that bastard behind you pressing his horn......

Old Jun 16th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Idiots that cut in front with no indication and seem to think their large pickup will fit into a car size space in front of you, and the idiots that go across all 4-5 lanes in one go with no indication, and I don't think they even look in their mirrors. Never mind, I knew the mirrors were only to look in while putting on makeup or shaving.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Stopped at the lights and when they turn green the car at the front takes 10 seconds to begin moving.

People at four way stops that think each of the four cars waiting have to take their turn consecutively.

Drivers who wave you to go on even when they have right of way, because they lack confidence.

Hummer owners with apparently broken indicators.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Dudes in spruced up gas guzzlers, windows rolled down, blasting their heavy metal cacophony at ear splitting decibels as they bulldoze their way thru the rush hour traffic snarl.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Indicators that mean one of:
1. I will turn according to my signals at the next junction.
2. I will turn. Eventually. Might be 3 blocks away but I'm giving you advance warning, so don't think you can pull out as turning right here isn't what I mean.
3. I will turn in the opposite direction to my signals*.
4. Absolutely nothing. It must have got knocked on by accident.

* I happened to be following a driver around several lefts/rights and each time the wrong indicator was used!
Old Jun 16th 2013, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
I happened to be following a driver around several lefts/rights and each time the wrong indicator was used!
"Oh, sorry Your Honour - it's just that, well....I suffer from dyslexia"
Old Jun 16th 2013, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hotscot
Stopped at the lights and when they turn green the car at the front takes 10 seconds to begin moving.
People at four way stops that think each of the four cars waiting have to take their turn consecutively.
Drivers who wave you to go on even when they have right of way, because they lack confidence.
Actually they're the Passive-Agressive drivers - a sub-species even more noxious
Old Jun 17th 2013, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveq

I can also give them the middle finger in a nanosecond, too. Impatient Barstewards.....The World does not revolve around them.

Jim.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 2:49 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
You could slam your brakes on as hard as possible on when driving an old car you don't care about. Then watch as they go smashing into the back of you. Might get the message into their idiot heads, though I doubt it. Plus, you could be injured if you attempted that. Tempting though when you see just how pitifully piss poor the standard of driving is here in the USA.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

It's amusing when you leave a space for somebody to pull into a lane in front of you. I did it for a long truck this morning as I knew his lane ended soon. He was indicating, there was a huge gap, yet he seemed confused and looked in his mirror repeatedly before eventually changing lanes - as has happened before when I do it! Nobody seems to flash their lights here like they would in the UK so I've no idea what the (un)official meaning of such would mean.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 4:29 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
It's amusing when you leave a space for somebody to pull into a lane in front of you. I did it for a long truck this morning as I knew his lane ended soon. He was indicating, there was a huge gap, yet he seemed confused and looked in his mirror repeatedly before eventually changing lanes - as has happened before when I do it! Nobody seems to flash their lights here like they would in the UK so I've no idea what the (un)official meaning of such would mean.
My wife goes ballistic with me when I flash my lights. Apparently round here it's less than friendly (It's an engrained habit so I do it all the same). However, as I do it at the same time as waving them in I think most realize it's just me indicating I know they're trying to come across and thank me.

I agree with you though that most people aren't expecting you to let them out.

The other thing I've noticed is the complete lack of awareness (I'm assuming it's that rather than every driver on the road being aggressive) as lanes end. Both when they are driving in a lane that ends and when they are next to a lane that ends and need to let people in. They don't seem to be taught (to drive!) to be aware of potential hazards here and look down the road, they're all just focused on themselves and not a lot else!
Old Jun 17th 2013, 4:46 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink
My wife goes ballistic with me when I flash my lights. Apparently round here it's less than friendly (It's an engrained habit so I do it all the same). However, as I do it at the same time as waving them in I think most realize it's just me indicating I know they're trying to come across and thank me. .....

..... I agree with you though that most people aren't expecting you to let them out. ...
It seems that over the decade I've been living in my current area, that people are getting better at recognizing when they are being waved on/ allowed out. Heavy truck drivers are the best at recognising one or two flashes of main beam as an invitation, especially on the interstate, but my daily drive to take little Miss P to school involves an acute right turn off a main road that is a slow second gear turn. I almost always "flash" a car from the opposite direction to take the turn in front of me, because I have to slow down so much it is zero inconvenience to me. Only once every couple of months does it not work, and then usually because the driver coming the other way is also trying to wave a driver turning left OUT of the road I am turning right INTO.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 17th 2013 at 4:50 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.