Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

AEROBED - ANY ONE GOT ONE?

AEROBED - ANY ONE GOT ONE?

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AEROBED - ANY ONE GOT ONE?

Originally Posted by rincewind
Don't find that with the bed I have. But then it does have an inflation remote control so my guests can pump it up a little if needed.

We forgot it was setup after Xmas, it was left inflated for 4 weeks after, still was good to sleep on
We used one as a bed for around 6 months because we couldn't afford a proper bed, and the futon was shit...that amount of time and you really find out how horrid they are, the first odd week and it was great. Handy to have for guests, but I wouldn't want one as a replacement bed for any length of time
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
thats funny. hope it happens to one our guests!!!
It happened to one of ours from just sitting down on the thing, no rumpy pumpy involved
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:51 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I have all kinds of problems with my back and I find those blow up beds a killer, I'd rather sleep on the hard floor...
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
and the futon was shit...
Try using the bathroom... sounds like you have a lot of shitty beds around your place
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
It happened to one of ours from just sitting down on the thing, no rumpy pumpy involved
I don't believe you. Newlyweds? Yeah right.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:29 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Don't find that with the bed I have. But then it does have an inflation remote control so my guests can pump it up a little if needed.

We forgot it was setup after Xmas, it was left inflated for 4 weeks after, still was good to sleep on
Remote control - wow, that's posh for an aerobed!

I've slept on one for a few nights - quite comfy I thought. It was flat on the floor though, which I really didn't like. The one on the Amazon link looks nicer.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:01 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Remote control - wow, that's posh for an aerobed!
Nothing that fancy. Just a small control box with a cable that attaches to the built in motor at the back of the bed. It is handy though, once you set it up you don't want to have to pull it all out to pump it up a little. Just leave the control box beside it and inflate as needed.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:01 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Dont listen to all these ponces on here - they are perfectly OK to sleep on for a couple of weeks! I slept on the floor of my apartment for about 3 weeks before getting an aerobed (before I finally got a real bed) and I loved it. I think I slept on it for about 2 weeks. I was sad to pack it up actually. True, you might have to add some more air after a couple of nights but it comes with a bloody pump which takes 30 seconds, hardly a massive deal. I also got mine from Amazon for a very good price.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Dont listen to all these ponces on here - they are perfectly OK to sleep on for a couple of weeks! I slept on the floor of my apartment for about 3 weeks before getting an aerobed (before I finally got a real bed) and I loved it. I think I slept on it for about 2 weeks. I was sad to pack it up actually. True, you might have to add some more air after a couple of nights but it comes with a bloody pump which takes 30 seconds, hardly a massive deal. I also got mine from Amazon for a very good price.
Walmart's cheaper. And you don't pay shipping
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:47 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Walmart's cheaper. And you don't pay shipping
Well, maybe I just didnt want to buy mine at Walmart! Did you ever stop to think about that huh?

OK I didnt know they sold them so joke is on me......
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

Well, maybe I just didnt want to buy mine at Walmart! Did you ever stop to think about that huh?

OK I didnt know they sold them so joke is on me......
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:09 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic, thanks for the +ve. am defo gonna get one - dont give a sh1te where it comes from, as long as good price and in stock!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:24 am
You're all mugs!

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
fantastic, thanks for the +ve. am defo gonna get one - dont give a sh1te where it comes from, as long as good price and in stock!
If you wanna swing by Texas, you're welcome to mine!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:30 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

slept on one for Christmas at the in-laws. Sleeping in the bird bath would've been more comfortable. I expect they're ok if you're small and weigh 100lbs, but I'm 5'10" as is my husband and we weigh slightly more than 100lbs.
The best porta-bed type thing I've experienced is a good futon matress unrolled onto the floor. That was way more comfy than the series of spongy, springy, bouncey pieces of crap I've had to sleep on over the years.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
slept on one for Christmas at the in-laws. Sleeping in the bird bath would've been more comfortable. I expect they're ok if you're small and weigh 100lbs, but I'm 5'10" as is my husband and we weigh slightly more than 100lbs.
The best porta-bed type thing I've experienced is a good futon matress unrolled onto the floor. That was way more comfy than the series of spongy, springy, bouncey pieces of crap I've had to sleep on over the years.
Sarah you make me with your in-law experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.