Accent pays.

Old Oct 9th 2012, 4:54 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Accent pays.

Heading out to one of the local TV studios to do the voice overs for a program about local election candidates. They asked me to do it because my accent would give the subject matter some credibility. That says a lot about politics in our County.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accent pays.

It's interesting isn't it? I was at the dermatologist yesterday having a mole removed and they had this 'infomercial' running non-stop on a flat screen tv in the treatment room for 'iLipo', some sort of liposuction alternative (yum..!). That was voiced over by a British bird with a pseudo-posh accent for the same reason I'm sure. Made me laugh, that posh bird wasn't fooling into buying their nonsense

Also isn't it interesting that the ads in the UK for those 'seen of tv' crappy gadgets like 'slapchop' and 'shamwow' are all voiced by yanks, but here they seem to be voiced by Brits or Aussies...
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:33 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MiniBrit
Also isn't it interesting that the ads in the UK for those 'seen of tv' crappy gadgets like 'slapchop' and 'shamwow' are all voiced by yanks, but here they seem to be voiced by Brits or Aussies...
Or American's trying to put on a Brit or Aussie accent...!!!
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason, I'm rather amused by Patrick Stewart with his voice over work the National car rental ads. I don't know if it's the script or the over the top performance he puts in. I just seem to like it.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Some of my work colleagues told me that they thought an English accent makes you sound smart.

If only they knew! :-)
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I had to phone Breville customer service today. The bird that was saying "press button 1,2, etc." was a Brit, but the live person when I got through was still a Yank.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:59 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

That reminds me, I did a job when I first got my EAD, making test calls to UK hotels, among other places, for the US company that trained the reservations people in sales techniques. Their pool of US accented callers was getting recognized, so the sales people knew to "follow the script".
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:49 am
Just Joined

scouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nice

As a scouser, here 20 years, but still with the accent, I find it hilarious that I still constantly get "oh I lurve your accent, it sounds so smart and sexy" Even I can appreciate the grating sound of Liverpool, even though I'm still proud to be one, but c'mon "smart"??? "sexy"???
I actually once had a woman ask me to call her at night to talk dirty, because I "sounded like James Bond"!!!
(Can I get sum chicccckkken and chipssss, wid a coke, luv?)

Don't ya just luv the Yanks?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:58 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scouseva
As a scouser, here 20 years, but still with the accent, I find it hilarious that I still constantly get "oh I lurve your accent, it sounds so smart and sexy" Even I can appreciate the grating sound of Liverpool, even though I'm still proud to be one, but c'mon "smart"??? "sexy"???
I actually once had a woman ask me to call her at night to talk dirty, because I "sounded like James Bond"!!!
(Can I get sum chicccckkken and chipssss, wid a coke, luv?)

Don't ya just luv the Yanks?
Did you call?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:21 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

When I saw the thread title I thought it was another Fiverr option that I mentioned in another thread (warning: eye bleach may be needed after seeing this, or a memory purge):

"I will sing Happy birthday or any message you want in a strong british accent, wearing only a British thong and hat for $5"-- http://fiverr.com/topgigs1/sing-happ...-thong-and-hat

"I will sing Happy birthday to you in Welsh, wearing only a thong and wooly hat for $5"-- http://fiverr.com/welshbloke/sing-ha...-and-wooly-hat
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:48 am
Just Joined

scouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nicescouseva is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Did you call?
Hell yeah!
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:50 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scouseva
Hell yeah!
Did you get the full $2.99 per minute
Old Oct 12th 2012, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Never had a problem with my London accent, until now....
Just got a new car with this Onstar thing....
FFS.... it doesn't understand my accent....my USC husband has to speak to the damn thing!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

im having the same problem with siri on my iphone.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Even the worst American accent impression will work better for voice recognition than a standard English accent. Just apologise to any Americans in earshot before you do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.