Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

90 Day Fiance - Discussion (and an observation).

90 Day Fiance - Discussion (and an observation).

Old Nov 1st 2015, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default 90 Day Fiance - Discussion (and an observation).

Is anyone watching season three of this show? As someone who arrived in the US 18 years ago on a K1, it's interesting, if overly dramatic, to watch others use the process!

One thing that has me, though. There was a discussion on this board last year where it was determined that you CAN work when on a K1 (one girl was doing some modeling work), but when you file for AOS, you need an EAD until the GC is issued. However, Loren, the Jewish Princess, is saying that Alexi from Israel, CAN'T work when he arrives.

Which is right?

Also, thread is open for any and all discussion related to the show.
Old Nov 1st 2015, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 Day Fiance - Discussion (and an observation).

As I recall from discussing the previous seasons, most of us concluded the relationships were either really creepy or just fake (get greencard and run). With frequent brushing over of the details of the law, primarily that it isn't a try it and see visa, you need to say you are planning to get married to get the visa.
Old Nov 1st 2015, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it's creepy and probably fake too. There's no interest in 'normal' people living 'normal' lives!

There's no way you can convince me that a 19-year-old Filipino girl is genuinely interested in a 58 year-old man for anything BUT a green card! ...and that Moroccan guy in the last season? No further comment!
Old Nov 1st 2015, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
There's no way you can convince me that a 19-year-old Filipino girl is genuinely interested in a 58 year-old man for anything BUT a green card! ...
It is touching that you have so much faith in her to believe that she is *only* interested in a green card - I had thought that she might have been after his money as well ...
Old Nov 1st 2015, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

They should do an update of season 1 and see how many are together still and how they are managing.

The cable company took TLC away and made is a premium package channel, so we don't get it anymore, so not watching it this time around.

I don't trust people enough to sponsor someone as quickly as some on the show seem to do, 1 or 2 visits, a couple months of writing, too short for me.
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 9:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for starting the thread, I'm hooked

Never come across the series before, but there are loads of episodes on youtube. I'm a fan of this kind of reality/car-crash TV as I can run it as background noise at work late at night. Also having come to Australia on a spouse visa its interesting from that point of view. I'm watching some of Season 1 at present and I have to agree with sir_eccles that some of these relationships just shout "fake" from day one.....gorgeous girl from foreign country, meets redneck from the sticks on the internet and its true love at first sight? Yeah right.
Hours of entertainment though, beats "Wanted Down Under" any day!
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

The episodes I have watched of the previous series made my head hurt. I Dont understand why you would make the decision to marry someone on the other side of the world and then be surprised at the life they live

Where are they now

I have to say I'm more interested in finding out where they are once conditions have been removed from the green cards and/or citizenship has been gained

Last edited by BubbleChog; Nov 2nd 2015 at 1:57 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen sporadic bits of episodes, never seen a couple who were actually in love, always an obvious marriage of convenience.

Best bit I saw was a rich guy who was a dick, telling his foreign fiancee not to touch the windows of his car. She immediately touches them all over, knowing that she is the one who has the power in that relationship even though she is relying on him for the greencard.
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
I've seen sporadic bits of episodes, never seen a couple who were actually in love, always an obvious marriage of convenience.
I felt the only "genuine" couple in series 2 was the guy who married the woman from South Africa. I see that she's had a baby now.
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 5:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian

Best bit I saw was a rich guy who was a dick, telling his foreign fiancee not to touch the windows of his car. She immediately touches them all over, knowing that she is the one who has the power in that relationship even though she is relying on him for the greencard.
Yeah I watched that one, he was a real dickhead control freak. I loved the way she instanly plastered her hands all over the car
Old Nov 4th 2015, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

jaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been watching. It's interesting to see people's expectations and it must be love to move in with some of these suitors and for a seemingly worse life!

This week's episode piqued my interest. The guy has a mother from Jamaica that's been living in MD for 20+ years. They sort of talked about a "long process" she was using to bring her 7 kids over gradually (i'm guessing sponsorship), but that he cancelled this to go for the K1. I'm wouldn't have thought that looked good on the application!
Old Nov 4th 2015, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaffy23
I've been watching. It's interesting to see people's expectations and it must be love to move in with some of these suitors and for a seemingly worse life! This week's episode piqued my interest. The guy has a mother from Jamaica that's been living in MD for 20+ years. They sort of talked about a "long process" she was using to bring her 7 kids over gradually (i'm guessing sponsorship), but that he cancelled this to go for the K1. I'm wouldn't have thought that looked good on the application!
I don't think his fiancé was too impressed about it either!
Old Nov 17th 2015, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf was the woman who is engaged to the Mormon thinking? Rexburg, Idaho has to be the most anally retentive Mormon place in the US (yes, I've been there!). I'm sure she loved the bible reading with her fiancé's dad...

Last edited by Giantaxe; Nov 17th 2015 at 4:50 am.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Wtf was the woman who is engaged to the Mormon thinking? Rexburg, Idaho has to be the most anally retentive Mormon place in the US (yes, I've been there!). I'm sure she loved the bible reading with her fiancé's dad...
Yeah, I really like her but she already seems so unhappy. I don't think that one is going to have a happy ending!
Old Nov 17th 2015, 8:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see any of them having a happy ending. The spoiled fiancée, Loren, now is insisting that he become an underwear model and he says "whatever Loren wants".

Devar is going to send home 90% of his earnings to his sisters in Jamaica so they can pay their mortgage. That was a news flash for his USC fiancée.

Aleksandra is dealing with a religious fanatical family and must toe the line to be liked by attending daily 6 am scripture readings.

Grandpa is complaining because his 19 yo fiancée is acting like a child

Noon is dealing with no privacy and roaches that are even in the refrigerator. At last they moved into a private apartment but she can't deal with his flirting at work to get bigger tips.

And lastly you have Fernando who believes he is the gift to the ladies who can't keep his zipper zipped and wants to marry her and move her into a home with mom and dad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.