Wikiposts

5 year anniversary?

Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:17 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 year anniversary?

Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah, that's an idea, though she's a bit of a photo scrap booker and has kind of been doing this all along so I'm not sure about doing a proper book, though I might well do.

As for the wood comments, I so expected some of them lol

Dinner is my fall back plan, but I usually do the cooking during the week anyway so I don't think that's something special.

The everyrose idea is pretty nifty, I'll look into that some more as it came up with a few roses but a quick google of those roses made google cry

The missus really likes amber though so I was thinking of getting something small with that as a keep sake, but not had much luck in finding something that's well, nice.

Thanks for all the ideas folks, keep them coming! got a little over a couple weeks to get something planned
I know someone that tattoed their butt with a sentiment towards their spouse. It doesn't really hurt much I've heard.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:02 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

get a beautiful picture of you and sprog taken somehow. Print it off and buy a nice wooden photoframe.

If you want to get creative then get other things into the picture that mean something - ie a large number 5 on a sign in the background, or the location is somewhere meaningful like a favourite place of hers, or the place you got married, proposed etc, or wearing something she likes to see you in, or with the family pet, or in her favourite room at home etc etc.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
get a beautiful picture of you and sprog taken somehow. Print it off and buy a nice wooden photoframe.

If you want to get creative then get other things into the picture that mean something - ie a large number 5 on a sign in the background, or the location is somewhere meaningful like a favourite place of hers, or the place you got married, proposed etc, or wearing something she likes to see you in, or with the family pet, or in her favourite room at home etc etc.
You should be an Anniversary Planner,

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui

A friend of mine recently had a photography student from the local university take pictures of her family at our conservatory. They turned out beautifully, and the student gave her a cd of the photos. She paid a fraction of what you would normally pay a professional photographer. Not sure if something like that is an option?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:28 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Errr...so that's coming up in a wee bit...so any ideas on what to get the missus or what to do, on a shoe string budget of, well not much dosh?

I kind of shot myself in the foot this year as I stupidly got the missus some roses for valentines day so I guess she's expecting I bother do something this year

Ta
How the hell are you going to surprise her asking here? She is a member of this forum too!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

I love how it is THEIR anniversary yet all the blue rinses here are saying HE should take HER out for a meal. buy flowers blah blah ****ing blah. It's HIS anniversary too...why isn't SHE taking HIM out for a slap up Happy meal and giving him a nosh in the taxi home?

Bloody wimmin...you want it all.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I love how it is THEIR anniversary yet all the blue rinses here are saying HE should take HER out for a meal. buy flowers blah blah ****ing blah. It's HIS anniversary too...why isn't SHE taking HIM out for a slap up Happy meal and giving him a nosh in the taxi home?

Bloody wimmin...you want it all.
YOU/we don't know that SHE isn't? maybe SHE is planning a nice surprise for him too?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
YOU/we don't know that SHE isn't? maybe SHE is planning a nice surprise for him too?
You're not familiar with Rushy's sense of humour are you?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Yeah right!!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You're not familiar with Rushy's sense of humour are you?
Who, exactly, is "Rushy"?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pharrya
5 years is the Wood Anniversary isn't it?
Or you could go a completely different way with wood. It'll be free too!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl;7313766]You're not familiar with Rushy's sense of humour are you?

Looks that way huh? oh well I'm sure he will forgive me (eventually,lol) I do actually enjoy reading his responses to the posts on here, along with everyone elses :-)
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
How the hell are you going to surprise her asking here? She is a member of this forum too!
haha...well she can't see the site at work, and hasn't logged in at home

Anyway, thanks for even more suggestions folks

I'm still kind of not sure what to get but I did like the idea of getting photo's done of a favourite spot or where we got married, but the missus might notice if I nip up to Maine on my own

Have found a nice ring at a local jewellers though, silver with a teak inlay for not much money so I'm thinking of going with that and dinner somewhere new, though depending on what that's like when I scope them out, might be dinner in
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
haha...well she can't see the site at work, and hasn't logged in at home

Anyway, thanks for even more suggestions folks

I'm still kind of not sure what to get but I did like the idea of getting photo's done of a favourite spot or where we got married, but the missus might notice if I nip up to Maine on my own

Have found a nice ring at a local jewellers though, silver with a teak inlay for not much money so I'm thinking of going with that and dinner somewhere new, though depending on what that's like when I scope them out, might be dinner in
For one of my birthdays my husband got together a load of old UK money from the year I was born...he cleaned the coins so they were all bright and shiny. He placed them inside a silver trinket box. You could do similar for your wedding year....also add coins from the year little Bobette was born.

Edit: You could add coins from 2009...your 5th anniversay and add more each year or just on milestone anniversaries.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 23rd 2009 at 10:41 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go ..women love this
A sheet of stamps from one of the family photos
and wont break the bank

http://photo.stamps.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.