5 year anniversary?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 year anniversary?

Errr...so that's coming up in a wee bit...so any ideas on what to get the missus or what to do, on a shoe string budget of, well not much dosh?

I kind of shot myself in the foot this year as I stupidly got the missus some roses for valentines day so I guess she's expecting I bother do something this year

Ta
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 year anniversary?

Originally Posted by Bob
Errr...so that's coming up in a wee bit...so any ideas on what to get the missus or what to do, on a shoe string budget of, well not much dosh?

I kind of shot myself in the foot this year as I stupidly got the missus some roses for valentines day so I guess she's expecting I bother do something this year

Ta
Can you do something with photos of your first 5 years of marriage? I know you can build photobooks on Snapfish, etc. and I don't think they are too pricey. Something sentimental she could keep would be nice.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

5 years is the Wood Anniversary isn't it? Get her some 2x4.

Seriously though, me and the Mrs got each other trees (a Japanese Maple and a magnolia) for our 5th. A bit crunchy-granola-bar I know, but cheap.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:33 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs tonrob and I are in the same situation this year.

I figured that if I get wood on our anniversary then that's her sorted.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

How bout something like this:

http://gifts.redenvelope.com/gifts/l...=ProductSearch

You can chronicle all the many things you have done together, gone together, etc. And be able to pass it on to your kids. Paper is made from wood so it sorta fits with the anniversary theme.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:51 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Mrs tonrob and I are in the same situation this year.

I figured that if I get wood on our anniversary then that's her sorted.
Are you channeling Mr Nice Guy?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Ta
Make it very personal Bob...between you and her. You don't have to spend a fortune...make her favourite meal...make it romantic...candles etc...maybe put together an album of you and her todate...not forgetting the peanut. Little things like that can't be measured in $$$'s IMO.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Easy one there, Bob

Prepare a lovely dinner for two, put the little one to bed early, open a bottle of wine and snuggle for the night. If you can afford it and have a freebie babysitter around, take her to a girly movie afterward dinner and do a little back seat tango before you go home.

Last edited by Rete; Feb 18th 2009 at 1:38 am. Reason: hehe I see JG thinks like me.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:11 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

For the fifth wedding anniversary, here are the materials associated with this:

Traditional Gifts: Wood
Modern Gifts: Silverware

This should be a good starting point for ideas I think.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, you had to remind me, our 5th is this year too. On top of that, about the same time, I have to figure out a way to celebrate Sadegh becoming a USC. What's a good cheap "Happy Anniversary Hooray You Became a USC" gift?

But I agree with the others, Bob...a nice cozy evening at home, maybe looking over old photo albums, see where you were 5 years ago and how far you've both come since then. I'm not much for the wine, but I love Rete's idea of a back seat tango...Although I think I'd call it Back Seat Boogie. LOL

Happy Upcoming Anniversary!

Rene
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:16 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Ugh, you had to remind me, our 5th is this year too. On top of that, about the same time, I have to figure out a way to celebrate Sadegh becoming a USC. What's a good cheap "Happy Anniversary Hooray You Became a USC" gift?

But I agree with the others, Bob...a nice cozy evening at home, maybe looking over old photo albums, see where you were 5 years ago and how far you've both come since then. I'm not much for the wine, but I love Rete's idea of a back seat tango...Although I think I'd call it Back Seat Boogie. LOL

Happy Upcoming Anniversary!

Rene
Dunno how much it cost but my in-laws contacted one of my two state senators and arranged for the US flag to be flown in my honor over the Capitol in DC when I became a US citizen. After the flag was flown, it was mailed to me (by staff at the Senator's office in DC).

I fly this very flag every 4th July.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Dunno how much it cost but my in-laws contacted one of my two state senators and arranged for the US flag to be flown in my honor over the Capitol in DC when I became a US citizen. After the flag was flown, it was mailed to me (by staff at the Senator's office in DC).

I fly this very flag every 4th July.
We did this when our daughter became a USC....we have the flag and letter to prove it...courtesy of Ray.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We did this when our daughter became a USC....we have the flag and letter to prove it...courtesy of Ray.
Ray printed the letter?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Toontje
Ray printed the letter?
He told me about the US flag thingymajig.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:43 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

How about trying to get a rose bush with her name or something else memorable in its name. I found a good website called everyrose.com where you can put in part of a name and it will search for roses. Of course then you have to source the damn thing....but surely you haven't left it that late ?? There were some nice suggestions with 'five' in the name.

And you could buy five of them and give her a CD by Maroon 5 and give them to her at 5.00pm while eating dinner at Five Guys Burgers & Fries - OK OK I am getting carried away now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.