2020 Election

Old Oct 8th 2020, 11:01 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

I made a small contribution to Jaime Harrision in South Carolina - Lindsay Graham's opponent. The odds of unseating him aren't great, but it's much closer than anyone expected at this point. That would be quite a state to flip.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 11:34 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I made a small contribution to Jaime Harrision in South Carolina - Lindsay Graham's opponent. The odds of unseating him aren't great, but it's much closer than anyone expected at this point. That would be quite a state to flip.
Plenty of time for a 'revelation' or two before the election.
I mean, nobody was expecting to flip Alabama's senate seat, so stranger things have happened.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 11:36 pm

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
So looks like the next debate is off. First, the organizers said it should be remote, then Trump said 'not playing', so then Biden said he's bowing out. I wonder what other choice Biden had at that point - could he have proceeded? Seems like, if Trump says 'not playing', then the debate is off without further ado.

The republicans may try to spin it as Biden is causing it, but hopefully the message will remain clear - debate moved to virtual by the debate commission, then Trump dropped out.

I honestly don't think anything good would have come out of it anyway.

I suspect this may come back around, though ...

Final debate still on the books.

https://www.vox.com/21505184/virtual...tober-15-miami
Unless they can find a moderator with a backbone, it's probably for the best. Trump is trailing by a massive margin in the polls, he needs all the airtime he can get.

Nixon and Kennedy debated remotely in 1960; If I was Biden I'd be pushing the 'Trump cut-and-ran' message.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 12:41 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
W the actual F?

Thirteen arrests - six on Federal charges, seven on State charges. The "Wolverine Watchmen" - which appears at first glance to be a right-wing militia with ties to white supremacist groups. But I'm sure they are all very fine people.
Originally Posted by caretaker
After the stunt the military cosplayers pulled earlier at the state legislature this isn't too surprising. These domestic terrorists could be just the tip of the iceberg.
Remember how Trump responded to them then?

"A day after armed protesters against Michigan’s stay-at-home order entered the statehouse in Lansing, Donald Trump once again expressed support for the rightwing movement. Michigan’s Democratic governor, Gretchen Whitmer should, he said “make a deal” with the demonstrators.

“The governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire,” the president wrote in a
on Friday morning. “These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...etchen-whitmer
Old Oct 9th 2020, 12:44 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Well I bet they have some interesting dinner conversations.... I had no idea he was married to her.
And she's at home with covid. That she caught from Typhoid Trump. And she gave it to their daughter.

Both quarantined in the same house as the Lincoln Project founder.

Last edited by Leslie; Oct 9th 2020 at 12:54 am.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 1:14 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Remember how Trump responded to them then?

"A day after armed protesters against Michigan’s stay-at-home order entered the statehouse in Lansing, Donald Trump once again expressed support for the rightwing movement. Michigan’s Democratic governor, Gretchen Whitmer should, he said “make a deal” with the demonstrators.

“The governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire,” the president wrote in a tweet on Friday morning. “These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...etchen-whitmer
A White House spokesperson has accused Whitmer of sowing division. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. They won’t do anything to alienate their lunatic fringe base.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
A White House spokesperson has accused Whitmer of sowing division. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. They won’t do anything to alienate their lunatic fringe base.

It's a tried and true approach - blame the victim for the problem of which they are the victim, or blame those trying to fix social problems for the existence of the social problems in the first place.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
Unless they can find a moderator with a backbone, it's probably for the best. Trump is trailing by a massive margin in the polls, he needs all the airtime he can get.

Nixon and Kennedy debated remotely in 1960; If I was Biden I'd be pushing the 'Trump cut-and-ran' message.
Well, that I did not know! I just checked to be sure - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ke...l-debate-1960/

You are right - Biden should say, stick to the plan, ass-hole!
Old Oct 9th 2020, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Why was Pence’s wife on stage at the end of the debate without a mask? Ok rhetorical question, we know that crowd believe the rules don’t apply to them, but it’s yet another example of how Trump and co can’t be trusted over these debates. The last of the debates was supposed to be a town hall thing with members of the general public. I just can’t see it happening.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 8:17 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Trump says he might not be contagious anymore, and could resume campaigning as early as tomorrow (today).
Old Oct 9th 2020, 9:20 am

Trump says he might not be contagious anymore, and could resume campaigning as early as tomorrow (today).
I wouldn't have thought that more gatherings, particularly if with unmasked people, would help him with any voter retaining a shred of rationality but I could be wrong.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 11:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Then why won't he release his last test results
Old Oct 9th 2020, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Phathamster
Then why won't he release his last test results
Because they are pathological liars who released negative results when it was in their favor, and have now decided that they '...don't want to get in to the specifics...'
Old Oct 9th 2020, 3:51 pm

I wouldn't have thought that more gatherings, particularly if with unmasked people, would help him with any voter retaining a shred of rationality but I could be wrong.
The rallies exist to fuel his ego. It's not like there are masses of undecided voters attending those things. When there's no rallies, he starts to become insecure and fly off the twitter rails.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by username.exe
The rallies exist to fuel his ego. It's not like there are masses of undecided voters attending those things. When there's no rallies, he starts to become insecure and fly off the twitter rails.

Yes, I suppose I was thinking of average Joe Republican sitting at home, rather than one of the devotees. Someone who always votes Republican, because Republican. Some of those people can no longer stomach Trump and will either vote against him or not at all. I was thinking that it was that type of voter who would be put off by more instances of gross irresponsibility and/or lunacy from Trump.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.