2020 Election

Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
He can't physically do it himself, he gives an order and some other saps have to activate the the launch, I think Andy is thinking he has a button that he can just press with no-one else being involved.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to give him a big red dummy button as a distraction.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
Don't Staples still sell the big red button you press that says That Was Easy.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 7:18 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
Do you think Biden would know what that big red button did?.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 7:30 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think Biden would know what that big red button did?.
Seeing as he would have been briefed on such a hypothetical 'red button' as Vice President, I'm fairy sure he'd know what it did, yes.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Another smack in the face for Trump from The Lincoln Project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6wI...em-uploademail

And yet another today when the AP announced the Lincoln Project was behind an agreement with the DNC to have REPUBLICAN ( ! ) ex Ohio Gov. John Kasich speak at the Democratic Nominating Convention.

The AP also reports this revelation has been greeted within the Democratic Party by both enthusiastic support and horrified astonishment.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/...joe-biden.html

WAPO words of caution / food for thought:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...is-surprising/

Last edited by MMcD; Jul 20th 2020 at 10:14 pm. Reason: added links
Old Jul 20th 2020, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD

Think Portland. Our LAWless and dis-ORDERed President will retroactively camouflage his tyranny by cloaking it in the jumbo-mumbo of an Executive Order.
He'll then foment dissension here, there and everywhere.
And "legitamise" each storming of the troopers with an EO.

As his poll numbers fall and our Covid numbers rise - the antics of his storm troopers will increase.
Divide. Conquer. Distract
This will be prologue to the main event:
Election 2020
Here we go https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...wma-story.html

First it was Washington DC
Then Portland
Now Chicago
Next (tbd)
From sea to shining sea
And border to border wall fence
This is horrific
Old Jul 20th 2020, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexanScot
Not that I want to split hairs, but I don't think it's quite correct to say that they work "for" the President.

The President is certainly the most prominent protectee that the Secret Service have, but as as Federal LEO would it not be more correct to say that they work "for" Congress, especially given their dual (and original) mandate to protect the integrity of the financial system?
You are correct sir, I was trying to keep things very simple, partly because as soon as we go down that rabbit hole we have to admit that the USSS provide protection for both the current president as well as those who have served as president. I don't even know if it would be down to an SS detail to remove a lapsed president holding a sit-in in the White House or if some other federal body holds responsibility for carrying out the physical aspect of that task.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:38 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Good question, I haven't thought about it sufficiently.to have an opinion either way. in particular since there appears such a wide variety of opinions on different aspects of the corona situation.
Oh.

I understand how busy you are Googling Joe Biden's net worth while conveniently not Googling how he actually came to have that net worth and then posting on the internet (about 500 times in this thread) a warped and distorted version of how you want people to think he got that net worth. Because that's what this election is really about. Nobody is thinking about some silly virus because why would they? It's not like it effects every single American living in the US or anything. It's not like there are freezer trucks full of dead bodies in Dallas/Houston/Phoenix/Miami etc. It's ridiculous to think the silly virus will effect the election. For goodness sake, those body bags can't even vote. Who cares about them, right?

Of course you haven't thought about it sufficiently. That sounds perfectly plausible and non-Trump shilling.

I have another question for you. In this particular case, if you haven't had time to think about this sufficiently, why don't you take the time to think about it and then answer? Because if you can't/won't then I sort of wonder why you're posting in the 2020 Election thread.

Question: Of the two candidates, who do you trust to deal with insurance affordability, healthcare and public health?
Old Jul 21st 2020, 2:23 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know which candidate I would vote for. Nixon was a disreputable character yet adept in many aspects of foreign policy, Carter probably one of most decent Presidents we have had yet by most accounts not too effective.
Nixon was never a governor. He was a senator though and a VPOTUS. Sounds familiar except Nixon was much wealthier than Biden.

And Carter actually was a governor. I thought your theory was that the governor thingy was more important. Hmmmm ... history is a pesky thing.

Notwithstanding i believe experience should be considered, I admit I am partial to some like Bernie Sanders, Andrew Yang or Rand Paul who all seem to have a clear vision whether I agree with it or not. A vote for a third party candidate would just be a protest vote achieving nothing.
Clear vision is more important what they actually are intending to do IRL? Just as long as their vision is clear about it. Okey-dokey.

Can we get a spread sheet or Venn diagram or sumfink?

Last edited by Leslie; Jul 21st 2020 at 2:35 am.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Good question, I haven't thought about it sufficiently.to have an opinion either way. in particular since there appears such a wide variety of opinions on different aspects of the corona situation.
What do you think of Trump's handling of the pandemic so far?
Old Jul 21st 2020, 2:56 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
Here we go https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...wma-story.html

First it was Washington DC
Then Portland
Now Chicago
Next (tbd)
From sea to shining sea
And border to border wall fence
This is horrific
This is nothing with Trumps belief in almost unrestricted Executive power since the DACA decision. We are going to have some shocking EO on health-care, immigration, inner-city law enforcement, in the coming weeks. All backed up by Mr water-boarding and torture are OK (John Yoo)

Last edited by kimilseung; Jul 21st 2020 at 3:00 am.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 3:05 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly_
Everything in Trump world is coming in 'two weeks' - I doubt anything will happen.
Its coming, Guardian did a good article on it
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-waterboarding
Old Jul 21st 2020, 3:09 am
He/him

We are ****ed, and the slow slide of democracy to tyranny that many of us have been watching and others ignoring has gotten a little bit further and little bit more concerning since the weekend.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 3:25 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
We are ****ed, and the slow slide of democracy to tyranny that many of us have been watching and others ignoring has gotten a little bit further and little bit more concerning since the weekend.
I'm still shaking my head at his description of the two World Wars as 'beautiful World Wars'. In fact, I strongly suspect my head is going to fall off very soon.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:42 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Seeing as he would have been briefed on such a hypothetical 'red button' as Vice President, I'm fairy sure he'd know what it did, yes.
But he has dementia so maybe he will forget the briefing and then maybe one day he will think that button is to call for maid service in the oval office. And when no maid comes in push it again and again. And nukes will be flying everywhere. God help us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.