Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:34 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by civilservant
I've already heard Michelle Obama as a possible candidate for 2020 Is the Dem bench really that week?
I doubt she would want to go within 50 feet of the White House come January, after how she and her husband were treated by a great many people who I am loath to even call Americans during the last 8 years.

I've seen whisperings among the reaches of the internet of growing support for Tulsi Gabbard in 2020. I hope she runs, because I've looked at her credentials since she became vocal in her support of Sanders this past cycle and she's definitely someone I could get behind. I managed to guess that Obama would run when I saw him in the Senate race in 2004, I guessed that Clinton would run this year. Hopefully I'll be right again ...
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Is the DNC going to learn from this, then? Are they going to learn from the fact that it wasn't third parties who cost the Democrats the election, but their pig-headed determination to nominate Clinton at all costs while systematically ignoring Sanders?

I'm not sure, but I hope so, if they ever want to have a chance of reclaiming the White House in 4 years.
Assume not. Labour have not.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:44 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Clinton still not addressed the nation, is she still in shock !!!
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike

I'm horrified at the thought of a Trump presidency for so many reasons, but as I've noted before a number of times, the impact of the presidency on me personally has been very minor over my 33 years here, so let's hope that trend continues.

My G/F has a pre-existing condition and would benefit from Obamacare provisions IF she were to be unemployed, but so far she has stayed employed. I have a hope that the 'pre-existing conditions' issue will continue to be a factor in any replacement for Obamacare that surfaces ... hope, hope ...

I woke up today wondering if last night was a bad dream, but no ... it's real.
Repeal of Obamacare and the Supreme Court are my two biggest concerns about Trump outside his completely unsuitable character. It is sickening that the Republicans' obstructionism is effectively being rewarded.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:45 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Assume not. Labour have not.
Fair point, Labour have turned in to Tory-lite. The Democrats today are probably just about where the GOP was when Eisenhower was in office, possibly even to the right of that. The centre in American politics is so far to the right than even as a moderate leftist most people consider me to make Mao look like a conservative.

I can still hope though, can't I?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:46 am
Account Closed

Last seen heading for the Ecuadorian Embassy.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:48 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Is the DNC going to learn from this, then? Are they going to learn from the fact that it wasn't third parties who cost the Democrats the election, but their pig-headed determination to nominate Clinton at all costs while systematically ignoring Sanders? .....
Ironically this electoral cycle it was the Dem's electoral chances that were destroyed by big money and vested interests and it was the Republicans who found a grassroots candidate with genuine support from "the people".
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Repeal of Obamacare and the Supreme Court are my two biggest concerns about Trump outside his completely unsuitable character. It is sickening that the Republicans' obstructionism is effectively being rewarded.
Ocare is a disaster but if the GOP have a logical ready to go plan I have not heard of it. There could be several new members of the Supreme Court.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:50 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Well I'm very pleased to note the Dow is UP right now, at 18,381.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...r-tense-climax

I can't log in to the Schwab site to verify my own portfolio, which is something of an ominous sign, but - so far so good. UPDATE - just got logged in, balance so far unchanged.

I'm horrified at the thought of a Trump presidency for so many reasons, but as I've noted before a number of times, the impact of the presidency on me personally has been very minor over my 33 years here, so let's hope that trend continues.

My G/F has a pre-existing condition and would benefit from Obamacare provisions IF she were to be unemployed, but so far she has stayed employed. I have a hope that the 'pre-existing conditions' issue will continue to be a factor in any replacement for Obamacare that surfaces ... hope, hope ...

I woke up today wondering if last night was a bad dream, but no ... it's real.
The Obamacare "replacement". Looks like not a lot of anything to me. Just "buy your own health insurance".

What Lies Ahead For Obamacare In Donald Trump's Administration : Shots - Health News : NPR
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:51 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Ironically this electoral cycle it was the Dem's electoral chances that were destroyed by big money and vested interests and it was the Republicans who found a grassroots candidate with genuine support from "the people".
If by that you mean the DNC, then yes absolutely.

I think had Sanders been nominated, a lot of 'the people' might have gone for him. Trump polled better among 18-29 year old voters - Sanders' bread and butter. He also won primaries in Wisconsin, Michigan and New Hampshire.

Of course, this is like saying Liverpool would have won the league if Gerrard hadn't fallen over, and is complete and utter conjecture, but I have to think even though Sanders probably still would have lost, he'd have fought a cleaner fight and would have been able to hold his head high at the end of it all.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:51 am
Account Closed

Fair point, Labour have turned in to Tory-lite. The Democrats today are probably just about where the GOP was when Eisenhower was in office, possibly even to the right of that. The centre in American politics is so far to the right than even as a moderate leftist most people consider me to make Mao look like a conservative.

I can still hope though, can't I?
Not sure, there was some activist #BLM type on this morning on NPR who lost it to such a degree the host cut her off.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That really, really pisses me off. The way the media segregates the US people..white educated women, Hispanics, African Americans... WTF.
Funny enough, I said the same to my wife a few days ago. Why do people spend so much time trying to promote gender and race equality for us all to suddenly become segregated by gender and race come election time?!

Originally Posted by dakota44
I wonder how Trumps voters will feel when they discover he won't do anything promised.
I wonder the same

What really bothers me tbh, is not the fact he will now be president, because America is a great country (though not without fault) and will survive it, but the fact many Americans voted for this guy, does it now clear the way for us to grope women, not pay taxes and generally be a nasty so and so?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:52 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
You can add to that his promise to rollback all regulations regarding climate change. That is the big one because it means it will fck up the planet for generations to come.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:56 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Boiler
Not sure, there was some activist #BLM type on this morning on NPR who lost it to such a degree the host cut her off.
BLM is not representative of true progressives. Progressives will of course agree that black lives indeed matter just as much as anyone else, but they'd never resort to violence to push that agenda.

It's like saying Milo and the alt-right are representative of the core values of the GOP. I'm not a Republican, and even I know that they aren't.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

So Le Pen next, I suspect...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.