Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Oct 20th 2016, 5:14 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

It's sad. There's nothing wrong with the election system in this country yet this clown is dragging the country down to the level of being the laughing stock of the world
Old Oct 20th 2016, 5:24 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Expectant mother's health or life at stake.

Pregnancy caused by an act of incest

Pregnancy caused by rape

Unborn child found to be deformed

All of the above perfectly good reasons for abortions.

I'm sickened by the religious right and their antics.

Could the mother or parents of a deformed or mentally retarded child expect the State to assist financially and otherwise in the care and needs of such a child ? Not in this country they couldn't
This is totally heartbreaking: Interview With a Woman Who Recently Had an Abortion at 32 Weeks
Old Oct 20th 2016, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
It wasn't a good answer by Clinton, but Trump was twisting her position on late term abortion. I believe the medical term for "ripping the baby out in the 9th month" is called a C-section.
She has a good conservative answer for it - it's none of the government's business.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

pejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I happen to know her, through friends. She's such a genuinely nice person, and her husband is great too. It's so sad.

Another reason I truly despise the religious right in this country. If they had their way, she would have had to give birth to a baby with no hope of survival, putting her at risk as well, all because they believe in an invisible man in the sky.

Last edited by pejp; Oct 20th 2016 at 6:21 am.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 6:21 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pejp
I happen to know her, through friends. She's such a genuinely nice person, and her husband is great too. It's so sad.
I really can't imagine the heartbreak of not only losing her child, but being forced to jump over so many obstacles to get the health care she needed
Old Oct 20th 2016, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting anecdote I just read - early voting allows wives to vote without their husbands.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and Trump's answer about whether he'll respect the outcome of the election is wait and see. Holy fck!
...omg
I'm still suffering debate hangover

Reflections ...

1. Posted this (#5073) here, back in March, almost 8 months ago:

Originally Posted by MMcD
The only thing to be feared as much as a Trump win - is a Trump loss!
Hell hate no fury like a Donald scorned.
If defeated in November I can imagine him digging in, refusing to concede
…..if Donald J. Trump goes down - he takes all of us with him. .........
Even tho handwriting has been on the wall for months - actually hearing his threat, as it oozed out from the little round anus on his face, was a shock.
One can't overstate the danger of the rabble rousing implication for our Democracy.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I'm starting to think that it's going to take Manhattan being underwater before people realise that this is an urgent, pressing and very real issue.
Nah, f**k Manhattan... so long as the 66th,7th and 8th floors of the Trumpty Dumpty Triplex in Trump Tower remain high and dry - nothing else matters because nothing else has any reality in the unreality of Donald's reality show universe. It's a hollow hologram..

Although I give Chris Wallace high marks (in fact, for me - he was the overall debate winner), it's regrettable that he didn't include the existential issue of climate change!

God forbid that any female child of Trump's were ever raped and became pregnant but if it were would he still feel the same way about abortion?
He'd decree an exception for 'HOMBRE' rape.
A progeny purity clause.
"His" Supremes would see to that

More in store .....
Tonight....5:50PM est
For those who can't get too much of a bad thing....
Clinton & Trump appearing TOGETHER....watch it here:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?416979...l-smith-dinner
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:06 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Wow. Shouldn't have read that at work, and certainly shouldn't have trawled through the comments. Somebody seems to have been slicing onions somewhere nearby...

A powerfully written piece, and a very courageous young woman for sharing her story (though, it's so ****ing wrong that it should need to be a courageous act to tell a story like this...)
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
He had a great tweet this morning (not going to link to it) basically whining that Hillary "got the questions" before the debate. No you idiot, that's called debate prep! You are told what the topics will be, it's been public knowledge for weeks. Then you sit down and brainstorm potential questions and answers. Something he clearly did not engage in for any of the debates.
Yes he did!

He actually did engage in mock debates - and I kid you not:

Chris Christie played Hillary!
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

He's a combination of Mussolini and Silvio Berlusconi.
The comparison with Berlusconi is very apt, and the facial expressions of Trump and his ways of expressing himself reminds me of Mussolini. However Mussolini was very well read, and did have a comprehensive economic philosophy, from what I hear Trump avoids reading much at all.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:15 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Electionth

Originally Posted by morpeth
The comparison with Berlusconi is very apt, and the facial expressions of Trump and his ways of expressing himself reminds me of Mussolini. However Mussolini was very well read, and did have a comprehensive economic philosophy, from what I hear Trump avoids reading much at all.
Also, Berlusconi is a successful businessman, so that was a little off as well. Maybe throw a little Bernie Madoff in there as well.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

For those keeping score that's zero questions about climate change in all the debates. Good to see we have our priorities right.

Oh and Trump's answer about whether he'll respect the outcome of the election is wait and see. Holy fck!

Don't know about other areas of the country, but around here Trump's comments about the outcome of election are not really a big issue. Clinton supporters just add it to their list of Trump comments they don't like. Trump supporters I think generally don't care about such comments, and just take it as Trump annoying the media and politicians of both parties. They see Trump as someone who will shake up the status quo.

Clinton will have a tough time governing country with the level of partisan extremists on both sides. And perhaps Republican party will break into two parties.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The wife is at the Phoenix rally where Michelle Obama is talking today. I've just been listening on a live stream (https://www.c-span.org/video/?417210...hoenix-arizona).

Damn, she's a good orator. If she isn't planning something in the political field in a few years time all these Michelle2024 signs will be wasted.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's sad. There's nothing wrong with the election system in this country yet this clown is dragging the country down to the level of being the laughing stock of the world
Which one?

Old Oct 20th 2016, 2:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
The comparison with Berlusconi is very apt, and the facial expressions of Trump and his ways of expressing himself reminds me of Mussolini.
Mussolini's admirer states their case:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.