British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   2016 Election (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/2016-election-855107/)

Mrs Danvers Aug 5th 2015 4:13 pm

Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 11716962)
I find the word "misspoke" very curious. It seems to imply "saying what you really mean and then realising that nobody agrees with you".

Case in point Jeb Bush: I misspoke about women's health funding - BBC News

Maybe someone should count up all the times that the candidates "misspoke".

Oh, he misspoke here too..........

'I have two jobs': Americans respond to Jeb Bush's call to work longer hours | US news | The Guardian

FlaviusAetius Aug 5th 2015 10:32 pm

Don't forget to watch the lower tier candidates, who are on at 5:00 PM EST tomorrow on Fox News. Who knows, one of them might end up screwing with your life, so you might as well check them out too. Stranger things have happened. Example, one of them could get tagged as a running mate, or end up running Homeland Security. Santorum might get the brief to close Planned Parenthood.

scrubbedexpat091 Aug 6th 2015 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers (Post 11716993)

If your one of the millions of involuntary under employed one may agree with him, if your one of the millions who are salaried and work a boat load of hours without OT you may disagree.

All really dependent on where you are work wise, and the statement seems vague to me, not specific enough to know if he actually wants people to work in excess of 40 hours per week.

I wouldn't vote for him, but I can see some benefit to the statement for those who are underemployed and want to work more, but find the increasing number of part-time jobs frustrating.

Mrs Danvers Aug 6th 2015 1:11 am

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius (Post 11717218)
Don't forget to watch the lower tier candidates, who are on at 5:00 PM EST tomorrow on Fox News. Who knows, one of them might end up screwing with your life, so you might as well check them out too. Stranger things have happened. Example, one of them could get tagged as a running mate, or end up running Homeland Security. Santorum might get the brief to close Planned Parenthood.

I don't have the money for cable TV.

FlaviusAetius Aug 6th 2015 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers (Post 11717304)
I don't have the money for cable TV.

Damn! OK, here's what you do: vote for my guy Bernie. He'll either see you get the money for cable via income transfer, or he'll give you cable as an entitlement. Then you could watch the Republican Roadshow next time...or not.:lol:

Don't forget, if you're cold next winter the boys will drop off a bag of coal (don't tell anyone, but they're left over from the power plants - they don't need them now), that should help keep you warm...but only if Bernie wins. Need a ride to the polls? An absentee ballot? We'll help you with that too. Not a citizen? No problemo, mi amiga.

sir_eccles Aug 6th 2015 2:45 am

My liver says "nope"

The Official GOP Debate Drinking Game Rules | Rolling Stone

Mrs Danvers Aug 6th 2015 3:45 am

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius (Post 11717343)
Damn! OK, here's what you do: vote for my guy Bernie. He'll either see you get the money for cable via income transfer, or he'll give you cable as an entitlement. Then you could watch the Republican Roadshow next time...or not.:lol:

Don't forget, if you're cold next winter the boys will drop off a bag of coal (don't tell anyone, but they're left over from the power plants - they don't need them now), that should help keep you warm...but only if Bernie wins. Need a ride to the polls? An absentee ballot? We'll help you with that too. Not a citizen? No problemo, mi amiga.

As evidenced, nobody in the USA can afford to have Fox News.

username.exe Aug 6th 2015 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers (Post 11717364)

Every cloud... :lol:

FlaviusAetius Aug 6th 2015 4:56 am

Well, there is MSNBC. You could afford Fox, but you would have to give up bacon.

Nutek Aug 6th 2015 11:06 am

nobody in the USA can afford to have Fox News.

I'd vote for that.

FlaviusAetius Aug 6th 2015 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 11717598)
I'd vote for that.

Fox News viewers would vote to take bacon away from you. Then there would be civil war.

Mrs Danvers Aug 6th 2015 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius (Post 11717663)
Fox News viewers would vote to take bacon away from you. Then there would be civil war.

To be fair, most of the viewers are pigs............

FlaviusAetius Aug 6th 2015 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers (Post 11717665)
To be fair, most of the viewers are pigs............

That's why they want Nutek to eat chikn.

Nutek Aug 6th 2015 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius (Post 11717663)

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius (Post 11717672)
That's why they want Nutek to eat chikn.

Fightin words. They better back down if they don't want to end up like Cecil :frown:

FlaviusAetius Aug 6th 2015 1:28 pm

:goodpost:

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 11717719)
Fightin words. They better back down if they don't want to end up like Cecil :frown:

Have we coined a word: Cecilized?