Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:02 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by themadpooper
.....unemployment among African Americans higher now than when he got in,.....
This is what is really at the heart of the issues for Trump supporters.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:05 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
In percentage terms, the deficit has increased less under Obama than it did under Bush, and way less than it did under Reagan. And a big chunk of the increase was for spending in '09 when Obama inherited an imploding economy.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due." - Darth Cheney

Of course he forgot to add the caveat "except when a Democrat is president."
Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

As for black unemployment, it's now over 20% lower than it was when Obama took office. Not sure what the numbers are for food stamps.
Couldn't find an ethnic breakdown on food stamps, but I did find this:

"Obama’s legacy is almost certain to include a stubbornly large increase in the food stamp rolls. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects a very slow decline in the rolls. As of its most recent “baseline” projections of the program, CBO estimated that when Obama leaves office in 2017, the number of food stamp beneficiaries will still be at 42.7 million — one third more than when he entered."

Obama’s Numbers (January 2015 Update)
Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

No offence but your "friends" sound like children spitting their pacifiers out

How has Obama fixed the economy? Biggest national debt in US history, unemployment among African Americans higher now than when he got in, more people on food stamps, etc

http://www.heritage.org/~/media/F21A...63C12A0C6.ashx

If people want to leave the greatest country in the world because the potential president says things that don't fit in with their idyllic liberal view of the world, then I hope they close the door on their way out
Not sure, I'd trust a graph from the Heritage Foundation :-)

The deficit has been steadily declining under Obama. Considering the debt he inherited from Dubya, the bailing out of the banks which was agreed before he came in and the hidden cost of invading Iraq which was left off the books and brushed under the carpet, I think he's done ok.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:35 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Dank meme, Boiler ...
Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:39 am
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I will wager it's hyperbole. You'd have to be pretty naive with regards to how immigration works if you think you could just up and leave on a whim and live somewhere else.

Those of us who are expats at least have an option I suppose.

Highly subjective. Unless you've been to the other 195(disputed number) countries, that's a really unsubstantiated claim, usually made by very blinkered jingoists who are seemingly unaware that a whole world exists beyond the (admittedly often very beautiful and geographically stunning) borders of the US. I don't even presume to say the UK is the greatest either. Both are lovely places, but the desire to travel the world makes me want to find out what the greatest is myself.

Anyway, if you want to argue that the US is the greatest country in the world, then surely you should also concede that someone like Trump shouldn't be able to simply buy their way into the highest office just by laying the populist verbal diarrhea on thicker than his wife's makeup.
Everything is subjective unless quantified with actual facts, none of which any of us can be arsed to produce. I've travelled extensively and lived all over the UK before I moved here. When all said and done, America is the greatest country in the world, that's why so many of us live here and in many cases will never go back. To be in denial about America's greatness or to simply rubbish my statement as jingoism when to be American is to love your country first and foremost, I think is very strange from an immigrant pov. The British don't do flag waving so my pov understandably won't sit well on a forum of ex pat Brits but it's shared by the vast majority of Americans, I assure you
Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Everything is subjective unless quantified with actual facts, none of which any of us can be arsed to produce. I've travelled extensively and lived all over the UK before I moved here. When all said and done, America is the greatest country in the world, that's why so many of us live here and in many cases will never go back. To be in denial about America's greatness or to simply rubbish my statement as jingoism when to be American is to love your country first and foremost, I think is very strange from an immigrant pov. The British don't do flag waving so my pov understandably won't sit well on a forum of ex pat Brits but it's shared by the vast majority of Americans, I assure you
Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:49 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

To be in denial about America's greatness or to simply rubbish my statement as jingoism when to be American is to love your country first and foremost, I think is very strange from an immigrant pov. The British don't do flag waving so my pov understandably won't sit well on a forum of ex pat Brits but it's shared by the vast majority of Americans, I assure you
"to be American is to love your country first and foremost" Is this not related to jingoism? I dont think that many people will argue with you that many Americans think that America is the greatest.
Given the odd juxtapositions in your post, I am thinking, you are just pulling our leg.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 8:49 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

unemployment among African Americans higher now than when he got in
Black unemployment rate, January 2009: 12.7%

Black unemployment rate, February 2016: 8.8%

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred...es/LNS14000006

Last I checked, 12.7% was a higher figure than 8.8%.

The only thing that is accurate about you is your handle.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 9:13 am
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

In percentage terms, the deficit has increased less under Obama than it did under Bush, and way less than it did under Reagan. And a big chunk of the increase was for spending in '09 when Obama inherited an imploding economy.

As for black unemployment, it's now over 20% lower than it was when Obama took office. Not sure what the numbers are for food stamps.
Got any sources for these statements?

The average Black unemployment under President Bush was 10 percent. The average under President Obama after six years is 14 percent. Black unemployment, “has always been double” [that of Whites] but it hasn’t always been 14 percent. The administration was silent when Black unemployment hit 16 percent – a 27-year high – in late 2011.
Poverty. The percentage of Blacks in poverty in 2009 was 25 percent; it is now 27 percent. The issue of poverty is rarely mentioned by the president or any members of his cabinet. Currently, more than 45 million people – 1 in 7 Americans – live below the poverty line.
Is Black America Better Off Under Obama? | BlackPressUSA

As for food stamps:
Old Mar 4th 2016, 9:15 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

When all said and done, America is the greatest country in the world, that's why so many of us live here and in many cases will never go back. To be in denial about America's greatness or to simply rubbish my statement as jingoism when to be American is to love your country first and foremost,

Pass the Kool-Aid!!!
Old Mar 4th 2016, 9:17 am
He/him

Lowest food stamps numbers in four years I see.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

When all said and done, America is the greatest country in the world, that's why so many of us live here
I didn't move here because I thought it was the greatest country in the world (DH's job) and to be honest, most of the time, I am just appalled by the government of this country, democrat or republican. However, I do like most Americans I meet and most of them appeared to acknowledged that they love their country but it has serious issues and is far from being the greatest country in the world. Of course, I do happen to live in one of the most liberal towns in TX.
Deep down, I am hoping that all my kids moved back to the UK but that isn't going to happen so I am quite happy to live here, regardless of their ridiculous electoral system. As long as it stays out of my life and I have voted, I will take my chances. If I was still on a green card/visa and had no say on the outcome, I would be pretty pissed off at the mess that is happening now.
At least I have the option of moving back if it really does back fire when/if Trump gets elected. Most Americans don't have that option. Of course with the chaos about to explode in the UK if the Brexit does actually happen, I might be just as well staying here.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Got any sources for these statements?

I see the goalposts have moved now your black unemployment claim was debunked.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Mar 4th 2016 at 9:25 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.