Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Jan 20th 2016, 5:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by dakota44
Next she will blame him for her daughter having two babies out of wedlock by two different fathers. Family values and all.
Her abstinence activist daughter, no less.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Jane Mayer is promoting a book that was released yesterday entitled Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right.

For whatever reason, you opted to give the wrong title for the book and fail to mention that the book is about the Kochs, hence the focus on them in the most recent interview.

Did it occur to you that her publicist is trying to turn a profit on the book and has scheduled interviews with major media outlets in an effort to sell it?
Both you and Giantaxe missed my point...deliberately? I didn't need to give the title of her book. If you had followed Zargof's link - as I did - you would have seen NPR's article, which reviews her book and gives its title and could have listened to the Fresh Air interview regarding her book.

I pointed out that she had written an article about Soros in 2004 and gave the link to the source. When requested, I linked directly to her Soros article in The New Yorker magazine.

Both the book and the article make the same point about the way billionaires on both the left and the right are using their money to influence our elections. I only questioned why the Fresh Air interview never mentioned Soros and that he and his fellow left-wing billionaires are doing precisely what Koch and his fellow right-wing billionaires are doing. It would have given some refreshing balance to the interview.

This could be interpreted by those on the right as yet another example of the slanted presentation of the news by NPR. I suggested this sort of thing could give people on the right reason enough to fully privatize NPR.

I haven't yet seen any reds under the bed, but I certainly have seen Obamabots and Clintonbots infesting this thread. If I do spot some reds, I'll let you know. But even Bernie doesn't qualify in my opinion. He's just a harmless old curmudgeon who's only role is to make Clinton look good.

Last edited by FlaviusAetius; Jan 20th 2016 at 5:48 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Her abstinence activist daughter, no less.
After this week's Palin nonsense, my Trump supporting friend is beginning to see the light and get thoroughly pissed off with him.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 6:08 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Both you and Giantaxe missed my point...deliberately? I didn't need to give the title of her book. If you had followed Zargof's link - as I did - you would have seen NPR's article, which reviews her book and gives its title and could have listened to the Fresh Air interview regarding her book.

I pointed out that she had written an article about Soros in 2004 and gave the link to the source. When requested, I linked directly to her Soros article in The New Yorker magazine.

Both the book and the article make the same point about the way billionaires on both the left and the right are using their money to influence our elections. I only questioned why the Fresh Air interview never mentioned Soros and that he and his fellow left-wing billionaires are doing precisely what Koch and his fellow right-wing billionaires are doing. It would have given some refreshing balance to the interview.

This could be interpreted by those on the right as yet another example of the slanted presentation of the news by NPR. I suggested this sort of thing could give people on the right reason enough to fully privatize NPR.

I haven't yet seen any reds under the bed, but I certainly have seen Obamabots and Clintonbots infesting this thread. If I do spot some reds, I'll let you know. But even Bernie doesn't qualify in my opinion. He's just a harmless old curmudgeon who's only role is to make Clinton look good.
I got your point. It was a lousy point. Unless NPR adopts the tone and content of Newsmax or RedState, you're going to complain about it.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 12:19 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Kasich told a reporter that he is "the prince of light". This is why Kasich isn't the guy. What world do these people live in?
Old Jan 21st 2016, 12:26 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Trump has officially been Palined. She went off script, made it all about her, and is now trying to raise money off Trump's name. Sound familiar? I wonder if John McCain has gotten up off the floor from which he has been rolling around and laughing his ass off? Rumor has it that Trump had instant buyer's remorse and may have already fired her.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 12:34 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Trump has officially been Palined. She went off script, made it all about her, and is now trying to raise money off Trump's name. Sound familiar? I wonder if John McCain has gotten up off the floor from which he has been rolling around and laughing his ass off? Rumor has it that Trump had instant buyer's remorse and may have already fired her.
Is that by doing appearances, etc...?
Old Jan 21st 2016, 1:48 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
If you actually read the transcript, you would have seen this:

"DAVIES: You know, the reporting in this book is very thorough. And you focus on wealthy conservatives. I'm sure some will say, well, if you look carefully at Democrats and liberals, you'll find they have their own wealthy donors - you know, George Soros and Tom Steyer. And there are ways that they route money through groups that don't report their contributors. What would you say to those who say that you have an agenda in this kind of reporting?

MAYER: Well, I think that the Democrats definitely - and liberals definitely have their own super big donors. There's, for instance, Tom Steyer, who is an environmental activist. And he poured more money, outside money, into the 2012 campaign than any single individual - at least disclosed money. So I mean, I think it's absolutely true. And big money is an issue on all sides and I think a worry on all sides. But at this particular moment, I mean, as a political reporter, my job is to follow the money. And if you want to know where the disproportionate amount of money is, it's on the right right now. And it would be really creating a false equivalence I think if - and misleading readers if I were to say it's exactly the same on both sides. The problem exists, certainly, on both sides. But the sums are different. For instance, there are two really big groups of dark money, superrich donors. On the Democratic side, you've got something called the Democracy Alliance. And on the Republican side, you've got the Koch network. Here's the difference if you look at it right now. For the 2016 election cycle, the Democracy Alliance has pledged to raise $40 million. On the Republican side, the conservative side, the Koch network has pledged to raise $889 million. So they're not really commensurate right now, but I think the problem is not a partisan problem. It's an American problem.
"

'Hidden History' Of Koch Brothers Traces Their Childhood And Political Rise : NPR

But I guess that still isn't fair and balanced enough for you.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
If one was conspiracy theory minded...
Old Jan 21st 2016, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or did Palin seem pretty drunk when endorsing Trump. Even he seemed surprised at how oddly enthusiastic she was. I guess it was the first time in ages that she had a crowd listening to her.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 2:14 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
If one was conspiracy theory minded...
So Trump was a Clinton plant, and Palin is an RNC plant.

Or are they both Cruz plants to make him seen sane?
Old Jan 21st 2016, 3:15 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Is it me or did Palin seem pretty drunk when endorsing Trump. Even he seemed surprised at how oddly enthusiastic she was. I guess it was the first time in ages that she had a crowd listening to her.
That might explain it. She seemed pretty unhinged even by Palin standards. Or it could be that she knew she was speaking to the faithful, and had nothing to lose personally.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

The "biased liberal media" making fun of Palin... why didn't Colbert make fun of Clinton in the same segment???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d=ss_fb-bottom
Old Jan 21st 2016, 4:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen Colbert biting his tongue a few times, I am sure he has his orders to lay off Clinton.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.