2 dollar bill

Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:25 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 dollar bill

Went to Subway for my 12" Double Prime rib with American Cheese and Bacon (toasted) with "the works" on Italian herb and cheese....

Gave the guy a $20 and got a $2 bill in my change.

Never seen one before - might stick it on ebay for $5.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:29 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 dollar bill

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
Went to Subway for my 12" Double Prime rib with American Cheese and Bacon (toasted) with "the works" on Italian herb and cheese....

I'd keep it. Those are pretty rare. Was it of the old design or new?
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:33 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I'd keep it. Those are pretty rare. Was it of the old design or new?
Its a series 2003 A.

pretty good condition, think someone musta been real hungry and bought a Sub with it.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Worth saving as a keepsake, but it's only worth face value. Exactly why Americans don't like to use $2 notes is one of life's little mysteries. Your local bank probably has some, or they can get them if you ask.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:45 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Worth saving as a keepsake, but it's only worth face value. Exactly why Americans don't like to use $2 notes is one of life's little mysteries. Your local bank probably has some, or they can get them if you ask.
They had taken it out of circulation. Over time old ratty 2 bills were destroyed. I think the press decided to release them again hence my question but still they are rare.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:47 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr

Hi:

A two-dollar bill is worth two-dollars. They are disfavored but they are not all that rare. There is an American dislike for dollar coins and two-dollar bills for some reason.

I remember a trip to the UK at the end of 1992 which began in Scotland -- the Bank of Scotland issues one pound notes and I saw few one pound coins. When we flew down to London, no one wanted the one-pound notes!

Just took a trip to Candada -- the smallest bill was the CA$5 but the CA$1 and CA$2 coins ["Loonie" and "Two-nie"] were in wide use. I liked using the loonie and two-nie.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ugacrew
They had taken it out of circulation. Over time old ratty 2 bills were destroyed. I think the press decided to release them again hence my question but still they are rare.
Hi:

I don't think the duece has been taken out of circulation. Of course, the Susies haven't been minted in years and the Sagagewea Dollar has replaced by the presidential series.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:54 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
A two-dollar bill is worth two-dollars. They are disfavored but they are not all that rare. There is an American dislike for dollar coins and two-dollar bills for some reason.
Yep. Can't stand them myself. I don't care for dollar coins because I don't want to carry wads of lead in my pocket, and there is a visceral sense here that coins aren't worth anything that bars them from acceptance.

The two-dollar bills are just an oddity. The cashier probably just wanted to get rid of it, and foisted it upon you when they heard the accent. They don't really have a proper place to put it, so it's more of a hassle for them than anything else.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:59 am
Riding on silver wings

Hi:

I don't think the duece has been taken out of circulation. Of course, the Susies haven't been minted in years and the Sagagewea Dollar has replaced by the presidential series.
You're correct.

Here's more info on the the bill for the bored.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...wo-dollar_bill
Old Aug 14th 2008, 2:08 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
...there is a visceral sense here that coins aren't worth anything that bars them from acceptance...
Heh! Tell this guy! The crazy old coot bought a Chevy truck with coins
Old Aug 14th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

Just took a trip to Candada -- the smallest bill was the CA$5 but the CA$1 and CA$2 coins ["Loonie" and "Two-nie"] were in wide use. I liked using the loonie and two-nie.
There's much debate in the numismatic community about dollar notes versus dollar coins. In Canada, when the Loonie and later, the Twonie, introduced, the equivalent banknotes were simultaneously removed from circulation, and Canadians adopted the coins immediately. The latter obviously hasn't happened in the US, so usage of dollar coins here remains low and very localized. The Crane Paper Company has a very lucrative contract supplying banknote paper to the BEP, so there is an obvious hypothesis as to why the notes are still around.

Hi:

Sacabucks are still being struck along with the presidential dollars. But until the $1 FRN is eliminated, all dollar coins will remain novelties.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 2:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Yep. Can't stand them myself. I don't care for dollar coins because I don't want to carry wads of lead in my pocket, and there is a visceral sense here that coins aren't worth anything that bars them from acceptance.

The two-dollar bills are just an oddity. The cashier probably just wanted to get rid of it, and foisted it upon you when they heard the accent. They don't really have a proper place to put it, so it's more of a hassle for them than anything else.
Hi:

As noted elsewhere, I think the fact that $1 bill is still in circulation kills the desire to use $1 coin. If the bill was eliminated, the cash drawers would then have room for the duece.

I always try and get rid of the small change first -- especially the pennies. If you work it right, you shouldn't have more than five $ coins in your pocket and any one time.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

I liked using the loonie and two-nie.
BTW the beloved loonie design is the result of happenstance. The winning design featured voyageurs, some of the original traders in the Canadian great lakes region. But the master dies for the Voyageur Dollar coins were lost in transit somewhere between Ottawa and Winnipeg. Rather than recreate the masters, new ones were produced featuring the second-place design. AFAIK the missing masters were never found.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Hi:

I remember a trip to the UK at the end of 1992 which began in Scotland -- the Bank of Scotland issues one pound notes and I saw few one pound coins. When we flew down to London, no one wanted the one-pound notes!
That's for reciprocal reasons! In Scotland, you can get frowned at for using UK one pound coins
Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:48 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Heh! Tell this guy! The crazy old coot bought a Chevy truck with coins
Poor bugger. If not for his paper money phobia, he might have been able to buy a Toyota.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.