Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

110 degree weather and I have a cold

110 degree weather and I have a cold

Old Aug 25th 2006, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 110 degree weather and I have a cold

Originally Posted by Partystar
but I'm weird!
Well if you say so......
Old Aug 25th 2006, 6:59 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a tip - buy that Theraflu drink stuff in the lemon flavour. Make it & squeeze loads of honey into it. Not bad really & it does help.

http://www.theraflu.com/content.shtm...CoughHotLiquid

http://www.theraflu.com/content.shtm...hroatHotLiquid

http://www.theraflu.com/content.shtml?fluChestHotLiquid

http://www.theraflu.com/content.shtm...evereHotLiquid

Last edited by Partystar; Aug 25th 2006 at 7:02 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:26 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

It's horrible feeling feverish when it is so hot outside! Glad I don't live where its' hot anymore as I always got that annoying air-con cold every summer!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
It's horrible feeling feverish when it is so hot outside! Glad I don't live where its' hot anymore as I always got that annoying air-con cold every summer!
Its much nicer up here, isn't it? I was in Southern California a couple of weeks ago - gag - thought I'd die from the heat - and I was born and raised there! lol
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EmmaPeel
oooh I havent had a cold like this in ages, I feel horrendous..... my mum keeps me supplied with lemsip, so I think Im off to down one...... the US versions just dont taste the same.
nighty night!

it's allergies...comes with the territory...

get well soon
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:20 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Its much nicer up here, isn't it? I was in Southern California a couple of weeks ago - gag - thought I'd die from the heat - and I was born and raised there! lol
It is lovely here, the air and water is so good here too.
off topic again - but don't want to offend any people living in New York, but although the climate is nice and lots of things to do etc.
My one visit to there was a nightmare as within half an hour I was so claustrophobic, I couldn't see the sky as the skyscrapers was so big, or sleep with the horns honking I so couldn't wait to get out of there and go back to the then nearest city which was d.c so green and open.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

It is lovely here, the air and water is so good here too.
off topic again - but don't want to offend any people living in New York, but although the climate is nice and lots of things to do etc.
My one visit to there was a nightmare as within half an hour I was so claustrophobic, I couldn't see the sky as the skyscrapers was so big, or sleep with the horns honking I so couldn't wait to get out of there and go back to the then nearest city which was d.c so green and open.
know what you mean, although here no-one dares sound their horn incase they get shot at... lol ..

i'm off to stay with a friend in denver next week and they have a place in the mountains, 2 hrs drive from their denver home and i can't wait to get away from the city and the pollution and get out into some fresh mountain air....my friend rescued 'ranger' a gorgeous dog from the death chamber and so looking fwd to meeting him and lots of walks are planned i hear..can't wait
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
know what you mean, although here no-one dares sound their horn incase they get shot at... lol ..

i'm off to stay with a friend in denver next week and they have a place in the mountains, 2 hrs drive from their denver home and i can't wait to get away from the city and the pollution and get out into some fresh mountain air....my friend rescued 'ranger' a gorgeous dog from the death chamber and so looking fwd to meeting him and lots of walks are planned i hear..can't wait
a place in the mountains my dream, just watch out for the bears. And it sounds like a perfect place for you to chill out and then recharge your batteries! Have a great time.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Arrow Re: 110 degree weather and I have a cold

Originally Posted by EmmaPeel
oooh I havent had a cold like this in ages, I feel horrendous..... my mum keeps me supplied with lemsip, so I think Im off to down one...... the US versions just dont taste the same.
nighty night!
Join the club It may be over 100 degrees outside, but if you're running your A/C like the rest of us, you will get a cold. Just make sure it does'nt turn to flu or something!!

:scared:
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

a place in the mountains my dream, just watch out for the bears. And it sounds like a perfect place for you to chill out and then recharge your batteries! Have a great time.
tks
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
Freak.

ps just as a point of reference I haven't had a cold since I left the Uk, nor would I expect one in the desert.
I guess you haven't had Valley fever yet. I'm told we all get it sooner or later.

It was only 93 yesterday Emma.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Similar germs in Brisbane I think - but I don't call them colds anymore, i now say "I've got a Hot"....the locals just think its some odd English term!
Old Aug 26th 2006, 4:55 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I guess you haven't had Valley fever yet. I'm told we all get it sooner or later.

It was only 93 yesterday Emma.
I had my dogs tested for it tho.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 4:57 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I've never been sicker in my entire life than the (almost) 2 years I've been here!
Wow I have no allegies here, first time since I was 4 years old.

Still suffer with hangovers mind.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 8:55 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
Wow I have no allegies here, first time since I was 4 years old.

Still suffer with hangovers mind.
I don't have allergies, but I have more colds/flu/virus' etc in the last 2 years here, than I have had in my whole life in England.

PS - I still suffer from hangovers too, strange that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.