British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   A "Little Ironporer" on the way (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/%22little-ironporer%22-way-179720/)

ironporer Sep 20th 2003 10:44 pm

A "Little Ironporer" on the way

When Cathy got here 6 weeks ago, we decided that at our ages (42/39) the pill and other maeans were not what we wanted.... and left it in God's hands. I really did not expect His answer so soon, but He did- and the baby is due May 5, 2004, and we are both estatic!!

Mathematically (according to the rhythem system), it almost had to be the day she arrived, or the next.

Gasherjohn Sep 20th 2003 10:52 pm

Re: A "Little Ironporer" on the way

Originally posted by ironporer
When Cathy got here 6 weeks ago, we decided that at our ages (42/39) the pill and other maeans were not what we wanted.... and left it in God's hands. I really did not expect His answer so soon, but He did- and the baby is due May 5, 2004, and we are both estatic!!

Mathematically (according to the rhythem system), it almost had to be the day she arrived, or the next.
Moral of the story..... Don't play with a fully loaded weapon!!!

Congratulations :)

John and Cindy

bubbadog Sep 20th 2003 11:06 pm

Congrats to both of you!! :D

nathan barley Sep 20th 2003 11:59 pm

Congrats to both of you, dude. We're personally a little younger (25/29), so we're aiming for much later down the beaten path :)

Dekka's Angel Sep 21st 2003 3:07 am

Congratulations!

Noorah101 Sep 21st 2003 3:37 am

Congratulations!! That's wonderful news! :-)

HunterGreen Sep 21st 2003 1:05 pm

Congratulations! :)

Rete Sep 21st 2003 1:41 pm

The older method of determining the pending birthdate of a child was to take the last menstral cycle, add 7 and then subtract three months.

Doing this in reverse for your projected birthdate, that would make the date of conception, August 29. A very memorable Labor Day weekend ;-)

Congratulations to you and Cathy.

Rete

ironporer Sep 21st 2003 2:05 pm

Originally posted by Rete
The older method of determining the pending birthdate of a child was to take the last menstral cycle, add 7 and then subtract three months.

Doing this in reverse for your projected birthdate, that would make the date of conception, August 29. A very memorable Labor Day weekend ;-)

Congratulations to you and Cathy.

Rete
I don't know... her last cycle was 30 July; which when input into an online due date calculator gave us the may 5 date.
She has a doctor's appt. this week, so I guess we'll see what they say.

Caro Sep 21st 2003 2:58 pm

Congratulations!!!! :D

Caroline

Clare & Steven Sep 21st 2003 5:11 pm

Congrats on the little bundle of joy to-come!!
What wonderful news :)
Clare & Steven

Hypertweeky Sep 21st 2003 5:22 pm

wooooo

Hey there John!!!

I am so happy for you guys!! You are gonna be a daddy!!! That is certainly a VERY good new!!, Thanks for sharing!!
Get on yahoo more oftenly.. I don't ever get to talk to you guys anymore!!. Tell Cathy Hola de parte de la navarrica!! lol

Take care!

Ron P Sep 22nd 2003 9:14 pm

what are you going to name the baby? hopefully not "k-1" lol

"ironporer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > When Cathy got here 6 weeks ago, we decided that at our ages (42/39) the
    > pill and other maeans were not what we wanted.... and left it in God's
    > hands. I really did not expect His answer so soon, but He did- and the
    > baby is due May 5, 2004, and we are both estatic!!
    > Mathematically (according to the rhythem system), it almost had to be
    > the day she arrived, or the next.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Leslie Sep 22nd 2003 9:30 pm

Congratulations. That's wonderful news.

:D :D :D

Elenfair Sep 22nd 2003 9:33 pm

Wonderful news all around. Just the kind of thing I needed to hear today :)

Congrats, and take good care of yourselves. Oh, and sleep while you still can...

;)

Elly