Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Visa, etc. advice for Brit marry Thai wife, Looking for teaching job in Thailand

Visa, etc. advice for Brit marry Thai wife, Looking for teaching job in Thailand

Old Mar 17th 2014, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Orawee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa, etc. advice for Brit marry Thai wife, Looking for teaching job in Thailand

Thank you so much for your advice. We would really consider getting a Laos visa from Bangkok. My SIL is Laotian, and my brother is now living in Vientiane, so we think we can stay with them for a few days and take it as our holiday.

I remember how busy it was at the border. Last time when a whole family was driving there to attend my brother's wedding, there was a long wait and a lot of confusion both on Thailand and Laos sides as we really didn't know what we were doing.

My brother prefers travelling by train to Nongkhai, then take a taxi then a bus to cross the bridge. As we now a little familiar with the place and procedure, we don't think it is going to be much of a trouble this time. Fingers crossed!

Food in Vientiane were amazing!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:17 am
Just Joined

Orawee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa, etc. advice for Brit marry Thai wife, Looking for teaching job in Thailand

Just wondering - if he get a new NON-O visa, will it effects his work permit?