Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

train trip Kula Lumphur to Bangkok

train trip Kula Lumphur to Bangkok

Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

bcw123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default train trip Kula Lumphur to Bangkok

Can any member please let me know of any travel agent or wed site in Malaysia where I can purchase a ticket on the internet for the above train trip.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:11 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: train trip Kula Lumphur to Bangkok

Originally Posted by bcw123
Can any member please let me know of any travel agent or wed site in Malaysia where I can purchase a ticket on the internet for the above train trip.
Have read through this site. Isnt google great?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly never got the time to go on it but when living in KL I would have loved to go on the Orient Express they have their own website. Hope this helps
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Have read through this site. Isnt google great?
Some people arent Google savvy
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Sadly never got the time to go on it but when living in KL I would have loved to go on the Orient Express they have their own website. Hope this helps
Woops sorry forgot

www.orient-express.com

www.seat61.com/Malaysia

www.asiatradingonline.com/traintimes

Bon Voyage
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:16 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

We did the Orient express the other way round a few years back (BKK-SGP) and it was excellent - highly recommend it. And from your other thread, if you're "the sort" to prefer Cameron over Genting, it'll be right up your street. We went to Cameron a few times (Genting only once!) - great place to escape the heat and relax. If you do go there, try out the old smokehouse - bit of character and somewhere you'll remember.

enjoy the trip!

Ps - on the drive up to the highlands, try to do it during daylight hours (great views) and then imagine doing it at night, in pouring rain, with the logging trucks coming round those hairpins towards you on two wheels...well, thats what it seemed like on our first drive up there. Not nice! But worth it.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:40 am
Just Joined

to yorkie thanks a lot I actualy visited the Cameron Highlands in the early 60's when I was in the army we went up ther for a rest and recuperation break after 12 months in Borneo and you have just reminded me about the logging trucks I am sure the roads are better now although a lot more traffic The wife and I are also visiting Kota Kinabalu. Kuching and Labuan she has always wanted to visit the places that I missed behaved in as a young soldier
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:47 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure the roads are better now
I dont know what they were like in the 60's, but in the late 90's it was easy to believe they'd had no change for 50 years!

Spent a bit of time round Labuan Bay - an area trying to develop itself, but not quite making it last time I was there. Shame, beautiful part of the country. KK was fun too - are you going up the mountain? A friend and I did it as my "parting shot" to SEAsia a few years back - my album of that climb is still of my favorites.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Not up to mountain climbing at present we hope to visit the Orange u Tang sanctuary in whilst in K K not booked anything up yet but the Tanjung Aru resort hotel looks good . A friend of mine has told us that when we get to Thailand visit Pattaya for an eye opener and also Patpong in Bangkok. I will have to speak to the wife about this
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Not up to mountain climbing at present we hope to visit the Orange u Tang sanctuary in whilst in K K not booked anything up yet but the Tanjung Aru resort hotel looks good . A friend of mine has told us that when we get to Thailand visit Pattaya for an eye opener and also Patpong in Bangkok. I will have to speak to the wife about this

Really really not worth the time.

In fact I would purposly miss Pattaya.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:39 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Avoid Patpong and Pattaya in my opinion.
BTW where did my link go for the OP?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:36 am

Orang Utang sanctuary is well worth a trip. Pattaya - personally I'd give it a wide berth. Patpong, we used to go down there when we went to Bangkok cos my wife liked the nightmarket. Lots of tourist crap, but I guess we were tourists! The girlie bars are there too, but they are very missable, and to be honest a lot more low-key than in some places in Thailand
Old Aug 18th 2007, 7:13 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Kula Lumphur sounds very exotic
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:39 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I got this from a friend who recently went travelling before she left Singapore:

"...It's a bit more complicated buying on the net because as far as i remember you can only get KL-Ipoh (just before the Thai border) and i'm not sure if i ever figured out how to get Ipoh BKK on the net but you possibily can if you log into the KTM buying online ticket service - actually that sounds familiar..... but if you /they call KTM (malaysian rail) they are extremely helpful and have excellent customer service.

http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm good source of info."

Apologies if it repeats anything above and further apologies for commenting when I haven't actually done the trip myself.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

no appoligies needed its great to get feed back I am new to this sort of thing and every reply is helpful not only to myself but i am sure to other people as well . If anyone else has any ideas that could helpl my ! month retirement trip around Borneo Malaysia and Thailand please let me know especially any online money saving ideas, one problem I am having is logging onto Malaysian Airlines booking wed site I get the home site but not the Booking site. brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.