Learn To Play Golf

Old Aug 31st 2019, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Slow Boat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Learn To Play Golf

Hello, I want to learn to play golf and I believe Thailand is an economical place to do it. I've been on holiday to Thailand so I know a bit about the country. Does anyone recommend a decent location where I can learn golf and have a holiday too? Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2019, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Don Draper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Learn To Play Golf

Thailand is very expensive to play golf - green fee, caddy, fee, caddy tip, caddy drinks....will run you 2,000-5,000+ thb on most courses.

In terms of learning to play, lessons are available at most driving ranges, usually at 1,000 thb (for 30-40 min).
Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Slow Boat is an unknown quantity at this point

OK Bud, Can I use a bar girl as a Caddy and provide her with a packed lunch? That should save me some cash in terms of tips, drinks and Caddy fees. It would be just the green fee and teacher then.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Don Draper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slow Boat
OK Bud, Can I use a bar girl as a Caddy and provide her with a packed lunch? That should save me some cash in terms of tips, drinks and Caddy fees. It would be just the green fee and teacher then.
Errr...nope. The golf club supplies the caddy.

Also so worth noting that the chances of a bar girl agreeing to walk around a golf course are slim...Thai gals avoid the sun like the plague.

Last edited by Don Draper; Sep 16th 2019 at 6:22 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slow Boat
Hello, I want to learn to play golf and I believe Thailand is an economical place to do it. I've been on holiday to Thailand so I know a bit about the country. Does anyone recommend a decent location where I can learn golf and have a holiday too? Thanks
I doubt that.

Or if by 'bit' you really mean a 'bit'.