emigrating to thailand?

Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

ausdreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default emigrating to thailand?

hi all wanted to know what peoples views are on emigrating to thailand with young family. would we live like kings if sell up everything we have? (this is what people keep telling me) we would have about £250.000. what are schools like for the children they are 8 and 18 months. what opportunities are there for young people. sorry if these questions seem silly. cheers
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:29 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: emigrating to thailand?

You might like to take a look at the following forum which is specific to family and kids in Thailand:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Family-children-f96.html&

As I'm a new "retiree" I can only speak of the merits of living in Thailand as a non-working person. Would you be working? Also take a look at the Visa section of ThaiVisa and, if you have any specific location in mind, there are sub-forums for different parts of Thailand.

Certainly I've heard a lot of negatives about schools in Phuket but hey it's great for holidays. Maybe some other families in Thailand can give you more specific advice. Best of luck!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

nobicycle is an unknown quantity at this point

test
Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK the International schools in Thailand are very expensive, the fees are paid for usually by corporates for executive children or by very rich Thais. As expensive as the West, if not more so than a few countries.

The Thai schools would not really be good enough to give your child a serious future.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

steve__C is an unknown quantity at this point

My seven year old goes to International school here in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It costs about £3000 per year (cheaper and more expensive options are available.) All lessons are in English.

I think it is a great place to bring up kids compared to London where we hail from.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:36 am
Banned

layangardens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ausdreamer
hi all wanted to know what peoples views are on emigrating to thailand with young family. would we live like kings if sell up everything we have? (this is what people keep telling me) we would have about £250.000. what are schools like for the children they are 8 and 18 months. what opportunities are there for young people. sorry if these questions seem silly. cheers
Good Day from sunny Phuket,

Firstly where abouts in thailand do you wish too live?
I live in Phuket and my family who have brought up educated children have lived on the island for 15 yrs plus
So i can give my opinion of Phuket only
One word for families living here (parsdise)
The island as international schools, shoping , very cheap, more expensive then other parts of thailand though as it has its own eccomy.
The island is very safe and has many stunning beaches, the island is the same size as singapore and well constructed.
250,000 would get you a lot of property and certain developers off up too 50% financing and guaranteed rental income. www.lunaphuket.com

Ive travelled all over and thailand and have settled here as i feel this has more too offer as an investment and has a home.
If you need any more info, please drop me an email

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 8th 2008 at 1:23 pm. Reason: Please contact via the forum-for privacyn reasons email addresses should not be posted on the forum
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:41 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=layangardens;6948752]Good Day from sunny Phuket,

Firstly where abouts in thailand do you wish too live?
I live in Phuket and my family who have brought up educated children have lived on the island for 15 yrs plus
So i can give my opinion of Phuket only
One word for families living here (parsdise)
The island as international schools, shoping , very cheap, more expensive then other parts of thailand though as it has its own eccomy.
The island is very safe and has many stunning beaches, the island is the same size as singapore and well constructed.
250,000 would get you a lot of property and certain developers off up too 50% financing and guaranteed rental income. www.lunaphuket.com

Ive travelled all over and thailand and have settled here as i feel this has more too offer as an investment and has a home.
If you need any more info, please drop me an email

A rather rosy viewpoint but at least it's an antidote to phuketti etc...

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 8th 2008 at 1:24 pm. Reason: email address removed from quote
Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:49 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

If I was of a suspicious nature I would think that was an advert.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

fuzzball is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nobicycle
test
icicles
Old Nov 15th 2008, 5:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fuzzball