Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Destinations/Accomodation in Thailand

Destinations/Accomodation in Thailand

Old Aug 13th 2010, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute
Default Destinations/Accomodation in Thailand

Me and my mate are coming over to Thailand in September for fourteen nights, we will be flying into Bangkok, so will need to get from Bangkok airport on our own as we are booking flights only to Bangkok Airport.

We are looking to book some accommodation from the UK, anyone got any good experiences of any. We want a two bedroom place with air con, a self catering type place, not that we will be cooking, but i like space.

We want to be near a nice beach, plenty of bars, takeaways, places to relax have a beer and walk back to the apartments etc.

Never been anyone got any links to any previously stayed at places for two typically looking UK men who like sun sea and beer. Not fussed about girl bars, but if they are there, i will look, but we are not coming on a sex-fest fortnight.

More a lets see where we could maybe spend a year or two chilling out.

Thanks

P.S.

I have looked into flights, looks like Singapore Airlines looks good, £730.00 return, good airline, good flight times, flying into Suvarnabhumi Airport.

So i will have to get to the accommodation from Suvarnabhumi Airport on our own, maybe a taxi or another flight?

Any thoughts............Resorts Accommodation not to far away, any experiences.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

brownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nice
Default Re: Destinations/Accomodation in Thailand

Google Hotels in Jomtein,this is the quietr side of Pattaya.Not that quiet but good bars ,restaurants and beach and a taxi ride away from frenetic Pattaya!!Hope you enjoy the experience!
Old Aug 16th 2010, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Affinity One is an unknown quantity at this point

For you, sons, you should check out apartment rental in Pattaya. I think Pattaya will suit you 2. With all the excitement, near the beach. There are lots of accomodation for short stay in Pattaya. To get there from the airport, depending on the time of day you are landing, you could take a bus, a Taxi. Or if it tickles your fancy you could book in some of the 5 star hotels and book a limo to pick you up from the airport.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 2:55 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sign
Me and my mate are coming over to Thailand in September for fourteen nights, we will be flying into Bangkok, so will need to get from Bangkok airport on our own as we are booking flights only to Bangkok Airport.

We are looking to book some accommodation from the UK, anyone got any good experiences of any. We want a two bedroom place with air con, a self catering type place, not that we will be cooking, but i like space.

We want to be near a nice beach, plenty of bars, takeaways, places to relax have a beer and walk back to the apartments etc.

Never been anyone got any links to any previously stayed at places for two typically looking UK men who like sun sea and beer. Not fussed about girl bars, but if they are there, i will look, but we are not coming on a sex-fest fortnight.

Thanks

P.S.

I have looked into flights, looks like Singapore Airlines looks good, £730.00 return, good airline, good flight times, flying into Suvarnabhumi Airport.

So i will have to get to the accommodation from Suvarnabhumi Airport on our own, maybe a taxi or another flight?

I don't know why people have suggested Pattaya as a good place to go. It is just one big brothel really. I'm sure other people will tell you about all the other stuff you can do there, but I don't know anyone who actually goes there for the watersports or to play golf. There are so many better places to go in Thailand than Pattaya which IMHO is probably the worst place to go to to get an impresion of what Thailand is about. If you are planning to stay here for a while in the future, maybe you should have a look at some less touristy areas. Pattaya has the worst Thais and foreigners in abundance. Why don't you post on Thaivisa.com or Teakdoor.com for more answers and try reading some of the readers submissions on stickmanbangkok.com to get some different viewpoints about Thailand.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 2:57 am
Just Joined

David Mayes is an unknown quantity at this point

Normally I would not recommend Pattaya as the beaches there are not nice at all, but since you are coming in September, when it is the peak of rainy season, the nice beaches won't even be so nice.

Pattaya really is the sleaziest place in the country despite how much any expats living there may post on here and protest, if that doesn't bother you then go ahead. Otherwise Koh Samui or Phuket is a much better bet, and a very cheap flight from Bangkok to either place.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Alexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant future

I agree. You may as well go to Blackpool instead of Pattaya.

Hua Hin is a good place only 3 hours from BK, but a little on the expensive side. If I were you, I'd jump on a plane to Phuket and stay anywhere other than Patong (Pattaya's little brother).
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Destinations/Accomodation in Thailand

thoughts............Resorts Accommodation not to far away, any experiences.
From BKK Airport, there are direct flights, to the City of Ubonratchathani, (1.5hours) where I've lived with my Thai Wife for 4 years . If you look at the www.weloveubon web site, it quotes the ''WrongWayCafe'' for expats, and they rent out self catering condos. But, I stayed in the Laithong Hotel, and then moved from there, having booked everything on the internet. Hope this helps - dontheturner.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Forget Pattaya, unless you want the worst impression of Thailand as your memories, it's a dump, Blackpool comes far higher in the rankings!

Can't recommend you a hotel on the beach, although you will love Koh Samed, small island, easy access by car from BKK airport. Maybe too small for two weeks though. Also look at Samui, Koh Chang, perhaps.

If you stay in Bangkok for a few nights, the best place I found was Cape House (www.capehouse.com). Serviced apartments, their smallest is 42 SqM, 2 and three bedrooms available I believe. Great service and plenty of deals. I stayed there for thb2000 a night, including tax, service, breakfast, internet, and 5 pieces of laundry per day.

Get a taxi from the top floor at the airport, on the departures level, to avoid the taxi scams to rip off the tourists.

Have fun!
Regards
MP
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

plaincrazy37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

P.S.

Hi

Me and a mate of mine went to Thailand back in 2003. We just got a hotel in BKK for the first couple of nights but it was too busy and polluted. We jumped on a plane to Koh Samui and when we got to the other side there ws an information place that found accom for you. We stayed in OP Bungalows Chewang beach. Has bars and places to eat etc. Can also get the boat across to Koh Phanghan from there.

http://www.opbungalow.com/location.html
Old Sep 25th 2010, 2:38 am
Just Joined

GraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to all

You should also look at jumping on another plane and heading down to Phuket. Lots of choice down there. If you want madness and sleeze, stay in Patong. Anywhere outside of that is pretty laid back.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

GeoffSimmons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I don't know why people have suggested Pattaya as a good place to go. It is just one big brothel really. I'm sure other people will tell you about all the other stuff you can do there, but I don't know anyone who actually goes there for the watersports or to play golf. There are so many better places to go in Thailand than Pattaya which IMHO is probably the worst place to go to to get an impresion of what Thailand is about. If you are planning to stay here for a while in the future, maybe you should have a look at some less touristy areas. Pattaya has the worst Thais and foreigners in abundance. Why don't you post on Thaivisa.com or Teakdoor.com for more answers and try reading some of the readers submissions on stickmanbangkok.com to get some different viewpoints about Thailand.
Couldn't agree more. Pattaya may have some exciting night life, but you will get a better holiday by avoiding it. Thailand is worth knowing, and there isn't any in Pattaya!
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:41 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm the poster said he was coming to Thailand in September. It is now mid October.