Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

British Citizen flying from Dublin to Thailand - problems??

British Citizen flying from Dublin to Thailand - problems??

Old Jun 19th 2012, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

daveph85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Citizen flying from Dublin to Thailand - problems??

Hello all. Im planning a big trip to Thailand to go travelling for a few months. I'm at the stage where I need to bool my flights. Since I've always had flights booked for me in the past, im a little out of my depth here.

My question is - if I hold a British passport and am flying from Dublin to Thailand via Turkish Airlines - am I going to run into any issues? I thought not at first but then I read this on Turkish Airlines terms and conditions:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-uk.../general-rules

2.Fares and Flight Types: Fares are only valid in the country where the journey begins. In the event that the ticket is purchased in another country, the fares may alter depending on the season or the fare rules. If you wish to purchase your ticket in a country other than the country of departure, please call your Turkish Airlines Sales Office. The fares for domestic flights in Turkey shown in Turkish Lira only apply for the tickets issued and sold in Turkey.

Does this mean I cant buy a ticket online if I'm living in the UK and flying from Dublin (Ireland)?

Many thanks in advance.

Ps - I know all about visa requirements for Thailand etc.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 3:50 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Citizen flying from Dublin to Thailand - problems??

I don't think you'll have any problems but the only thing I can think of is that there might be some local taxes included in the ticket price that might be different in the UK compared to Ireland . I guess the best thing to do is to call their ticket office and find out .

Have a good trip.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Citizen flying from Dublin to Thailand - problems??

Airline ticket prices are based upon the origin place of departure. E.G. BKK/LHR roundtrip, will be based upon leaving BKK. The price will be different if LHR/BKK roundtrip. Three years ago airline prices were almost double if you started your journey from Asia as opposed to starting in the UK, however, this seems to have roughly leveled out a bit now.

Regards