Teahing Expo

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teahing Expo

Hello all
We'rewanting to know if there are any planned expos where reps from WA education will be present, have looked on various websites but to no avail. I know that several people have had interviews at them for teaching posts in WA (457).
Does anyone have a link to how we can find out where they will be held?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Rachel84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teahing Expo

There is an expo in Leeds on the 18/19th of October which has reps from WA but i'm not sure if there will be people from the Education specifically but it may be worth a try the website is www.expo-australia.com.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, see my thread lower down.

They are coming in October and November to recruit/give out info.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561042

Gems
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:59 pm
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rachel84
There is an expo in Leeds on the 18/19th of October which has reps from WA but i'm not sure if there will be people from the Education specifically but it may be worth a try the website is www.expo-australia.com.
Also, Google DET Western Australia and follow the links for 'Teach in Australia', 'Overseas Teachers'... The right hand side panel of the main 'Overseas Teachers' page, usually has Expo info updated on it.

It also has all the info on the process, pay scales (useful now I've figured it out) and videos from previous people on the scheme. And happy people in hats at the barbie
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Rachel7w is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gems
Yes, see my thread lower down.

They are coming in October and November to recruit/give out info.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561042

Gems
Hi Gems
I am currently doing my PGCE Primary, do you know if I have to wait to have completed before I can apply for 457 and do you think it is an option to go to the expo with proof that I am currently studying. I hope this makes sense, sorry am a newbie at the forums thingy. Any advice would be v welcome
Thankyou
Rachel
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel7w
Hi Gems
I am currently doing my PGCE Primary, do you know if I have to wait to have completed before I can apply for 457 and do you think it is an option to go to the expo with proof that I am currently studying. I hope this makes sense, sorry am a newbie at the forums thingy. Any advice would be v welcome
Thankyou
Rachel
Without PGCE you won't be able to have qualification assessed, so no chance of 457. I'm afraid you'll have to wait, also could be difficult getting a school to take you with no experience. Better off doing PGCE and getting a years experience in first. I'd say Teachers will be in demand for many years to come in Aus
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou for your help Australia bound.
Getting a bit ahead of myself here, not excited really...
Thankyou again
Rachel
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:47 pm
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Thankyou for your help Australia bound.
Getting a bit ahead of myself here, not excited really...
Thankyou again
Rachel
I think you can apply as a student teacher. The flyers for the recruitment round state:

"The Department of Education and Training is now sponsoring
teachers (minimum of four years of full-time university training
including a minimum of one year of teacher training) to work
in government schools in country areas in WA on a three year
contract (on a Business Sub Class 457 Visa )."

The thing is, there is an increase in applicants, so it might be harder without your NQT year.
Also, if you haven't achieved SFR in the UK, via your NQT year, you might need to do NQT again for a bit when you come back, or at least provide paperwork to show you've done the hoop jumping you would have done in that year.

I've attached the recruitment flyer for you.
Attached Files
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Teaching Expo

Hi roamer 25
Thankyou very much for the info. Very helpful, will email DET with my details.
Thankyou again
Rachel
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Teaching Expo

Hi roamer 25
Thankyou very much for the info. Very helpful, will email DET with my details.
Thankyou again
Rachel
I see you're primary, next intake will be January 2010, so you're better off waiting as only taking secondary for next year.
As I said I'm pretty sure you need to have qualifications assessed and if no PGCE in addition to degree then it won't go any further. When did you start PGCE? If Sept you'll be able to go for it July time next year and there could be vacancies for Primary then.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, not taking Primary just yet.
However Ive heard they are starting to take details and interview Primary candidates already for the 2010 start.
If you want in on the first intake might be worth contacting them, as the process has slowed considerably for High School teachers due to so many applicants. This could happen with Primary too.

When I came they did take newly qualified, however not sure if this is still happening as lots more applicants. So needs clarified direct with DET.

Gems
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Hi Australia Bound and Gems for the reply.
I have just started my PGCE Primary this September. Sorry I'm a bit keen to go, long held dream and all that cheesey stuff. I will contact DET and see what they say. I'll add thread with response, it might help a fellow sunseeker.
Thankyou again.
Rachel