Teaching questions

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

jamesdavey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching questions

Hello Everyone,

Im 23 male and I have a Degree in English. I was thinking of doing some teaching in Australia but I am unsure as to what qualifications are required. I know in the U.K you need to undertake the Teacher Training Course. Is this the same for Australia or is there a similar course.

Any info regarding teaching would be fantastic

James
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:12 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching questions

Hi,
I can only speak as a UK applicant to Australia (just passed the qualification vetting with Teaching Australia). You have to have a degree and pgce or a 4yr Bed.

Someone can tell you Oz side but it will be similar.

Cooler
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

In Oz you would need to undertake a DipEd.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:28 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a visa to work in Australia?

Have you considered TEFL/TESOL, there are lots of adverts here for them and you don't need to be a registered teacher.