Teaching in Melbourne

Old May 18th 2009, 7:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching in Melbourne

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Agreed, post on the main forum asking which agent has an expertise with medical conditions.

Good luck,
Cooler
BOO!
Old May 18th 2009, 7:04 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

YHPM

Cooler
Old May 20th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Guys,

Looking a bit down the road but in addition to applying to private school have thought of using a recruitment agnecy. Any recommendations?

Bezza

p.s. what does YHPM mean?
Old May 20th 2009, 1:41 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bezzanbob
Guys,

Looking a bit down the road but in addition to applying to private school have thought of using a recruitment agnecy. Any recommendations?

Bezza

p.s. what does YHPM mean?
"you have PM"

been on here too much

Not thought of an agency but I'd say that I am probably looking at private myself. We're off to Adelaide if the visa ever comes although Vic SS is available now for me so that's been on my mind. Not sure I could cope with with all the choice of where to live as it's so big.

Cooler
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Folks,

Just want to share the good news that Vic SS came through today.

Doing it all a bit backwards to so Teaching Australia goes off early next week and hopefully .....

Reccie to Melbourne this summer - any suggestion re laying the foundation for employment in due course.

Bezza
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:35 pm
Capt Hilts

Folks,

Just want to share the good news that Vic SS came through today.

Doing it all a bit backwards to so Teaching Australia goes off early next week and hopefully .....

Reccie to Melbourne this summer - any suggestion re laying the foundation for employment in due course.

Bezza
Congratulations

Have to say that Vic SS has crossed our minds now maths is on.

Good luck,
Cooler
Old May 22nd 2009, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Tillybud is an unknown quantity at this point

What's Vic SS? Sorry to be thick.

Very concerned about the amount of money we'll have to pay. We may have to look elsewhere I think. It's gutting though as our hearts were set on Melbourne!
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

SS = State Sponsored = quicker processing processing and fewer points required.

Bezza
Old May 24th 2009, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. How do you go about being 'state sponsored'? If we decide on Australia, it would definitely be Melbourne, hence Victoria.
Old May 25th 2009, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Tillybud,

Just to add some flesh to the bones.

To get into Oz sooner rather than later there are two things that help: a State that is willing to sponsor your application and a job on the DIMA Critical Skills List (CSL).

We have just got the sponsorship for Secondary Teaching IT/Manual Arts in Victoria. Better still Secondary Teacher is on the CSL at present.

Our problem might be that by the time Teach Australia check my quals. and we get back from our reccie the CSL may have changed!

Lots of States do sponsor but then you have a moral obligation to spend two years in that state. Luckily we wnt to live in Victoria. From memory Qld, NT and ACT were our other options for me as a secondary teacher. SA were able to offer temp. residence leading to a permanernt visa although this might all have changed.

Bezza
Old May 25th 2009, 8:50 am
Capt Hilts

Tillybud,

Just to add some flesh to the bones.

To get into Oz sooner rather than later there are two things that help: a State that is willing to sponsor your application and a job on the DIMA Critical Skills List (CSL).

We have just got the sponsorship for Secondary Teaching IT/Manual Arts in Victoria. Better still Secondary Teacher is on the CSL at present.

Our problem might be that by the time Teach Australia check my quals. and we get back from our reccie the CSL may have changed!

Lots of States do sponsor but then you have a moral obligation to spend two years in that state. Luckily we wnt to live in Victoria. From memory Qld, NT and ACT were our other options for me as a secondary teacher. SA were able to offer temp. residence leading to a permanernt visa although this might all have changed.

Bezza
How long is SS valid for? You won't need to worry about the CSL if you're SS is still vaild. Obviously, if you want the freedom, then you may prefer not to have SS, but it's a lot better than those who cannot get SS, ENS or on the CSL.

TBH although we lodged 176 (family) March 6th, we have considered SS with Vic but that would only be if there is a problem getting our visa with CSL - keeping an eye on the CSL tracker and BE update.

Cooler
Old May 25th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Cooler,

SS valid for 6 months so we have until 20th Nov to get the 176 lodged. Should be fine.

Am I mistaken that SS and CSL is better than just SS?

I thought this because on the processing update it reads:

Priority Processing - Change From 1 January 2009

Following recent announcements by the Minister for Immigration and
Citizenship, in response to the current global economic environment,
processing of General Skilled Migration applications gives first priority
to applications in the following two categories:
1. Applications with a successful State or Territory Nomination; and
2. Applications where the nominated occupation is identified on the
Critical Skills List (CSL).

Although the next para suggests one criteria is good enough.

Bezza
Old May 25th 2009, 2:55 pm
Capt Hilts

Hi Cooler,

SS valid for 6 months so we have until 20th Nov to get the 176 lodged. Should be fine.

Am I mistaken that SS and CSL is better than just SS?

I thought this because on the processing update it reads:

Priority Processing - Change From 1 January 2009

Following recent announcements by the Minister for Immigration and
Citizenship, in response to the current global economic environment,
processing of General Skilled Migration applications gives first priority
to applications in the following two categories:
1. Applications with a successful State or Territory Nomination; and
2. Applications where the nominated occupation is identified on the
Critical Skills List (CSL).

Although the next para suggests one criteria is good enough.

Bezza
I think SS alone is adequate as they guarantee a CO within 10 days of receiving SS. As often seems the case, the phrasing is is not tight. It should read that only groups one and two get looked at, currently.

You've got worries once you get a positive back from TA - good luck.

We lodged 6th March and got meds done 7April but we have only gone for 176 (family) but the concern would be that secondary teacher comes off the CSL before we get the visa. I wouldn't think they'd change that at least until the end of this processing program. Or, they fill the 108k places so we don't get a look in until they start the next one and apparently, they have a break so no processing gets done at the start

Cooler
Old May 25th 2009, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trying to watch my beloved Clarets play Seff Utd but soooooooo nervous have had to read Brit Expats.

How sad am I?
Old May 25th 2009, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

SS sounds like it would be good for us, as we had our hearts settled on Victoria. Where would I go to to request state sponsoring from them - is it the [email protected] address?

I did my points score and at the moment it's 125 (will be 120 in 2 years when I reach 30!). I guess that's encouraging. So it would be the Skilled - Independant - Migrant Visa (subclass 175) I guess. Would it be this one if I wanted to take my partner of 8 years too? Would he be included on this?

This is probably a stupid question but if one visa gets declined do you have to pay all that money again to reapply? I just don't know where they expect people to find all this money from.

I hope everything works out for you guys, and I really appreciate your advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.