Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Teach Australia Assessment

Teach Australia Assessment

Old May 5th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Teach Australia Assessment

Folks,

I'm sure the answer is on one of the threads somewhere but could any one confirm the typical timeframe to process an application?

I have everything I need (I think) and could realistically post it tomorrow ....

Secondly, is it a good idea to lodge the visa application with Teach Australia assessment outstanding or am i missing the point here - applied once a long time ago and am having to re-educate myself.

Bezza
Old May 5th 2009, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

upthevilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teach Australia Assessment

Hi,

My skills assessment was sent on 23rd May and I received my certificate on the 8th August - they said 8 weeks was the average and weren't far off!

Hope this helps.

Will
Old May 6th 2009, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bezzanbob
Folks,

I'm sure the answer is on one of the threads somewhere but could any one confirm the typical timeframe to process an application?

I have everything I need (I think) and could realistically post it tomorrow ....

Secondly, is it a good idea to lodge the visa application with Teach Australia assessment outstanding or am i missing the point here - applied once a long time ago and am having to re-educate myself.

Bezza
You can't apply for your visa until your skills assessment is completed.
Old May 6th 2009, 5:41 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,

Bezza
I thought u had already been awarded state sponsorship by Victoria, from reading your other posts?
Old May 6th 2009, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Jen,

Just waiting for the outcome of the state sponsored application but Vic don't require a Teach Australia assessment for their sponsorhsip - what they want is acceptance by VIT.

Hence the Teach Australia is for the 176 ....

So one visa - two skill assessments - agghhh!

Bezza
Old May 6th 2009, 6:17 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Jen,

Just waiting for the outcome of the state sponsored application but Vic don't require a Teach Australia assessment for their sponsorhsip - what they want is acceptance by VIT.

Hence the Teach Australia is for the 176 ....

So one visa - two skill assessments - agghhh!

Bezza
Did you say u were Primary or Secondary?
Old May 6th 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

secondary technology
Old May 6th 2009, 7:08 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

secondary technology
Okies...roll on the summer hols eh! Less than 8 weeks for us! WOO HOO
Old May 6th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jen,

Glad to help.

Teaching Australia application good to go tomorrow and then hold on.

Once state sponsorship in then 176 to follow.

then wait a while again ....

two weeks to ht - five week second half of term and look out Australia - two month rekkie

Bezza