TAFE teaching in WA

Old Mar 11th 2012, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Jenykforce5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TAFE teaching in WA

Hi - new to site and hoping to get out to Perth or Geralton early next year.
Wondered if anyone has some info on teaching in TAFE colleges?

I read in some older posts that you need an Assessor qualification and wondered if that was still the case?

I currently teach Basic Skills in a college in Dorset and have been for the last 8 years. Have a Cert Ed and a Degree in Geography!

And - sorry - do I need to register with The College of Teaching?

Thanks any info brilliant as I've emailed TAFE colleges in WA and had no response!

Cheers
Jen
Old May 10th 2012, 1:21 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: TAFE teaching in WA

Hi Jen,

I would email WACOT directly and ask them, they are pretty good and will reply eventually.

To work in TAFE and teach any Vocational courses (VET) you need to have the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment -TAE40110. Often if you get a job the college/school will pay for your course, but obviously you are far more likely to get a job if you already have it (about $1000).

Good luck!
WS.
Old May 10th 2012, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Jenykforce5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TAFE teaching in WA

Originally Posted by WS
Hi Jen,

I would email WACOT directly and ask them, they are pretty good and will reply eventually.

To work in TAFE and teach any Vocational courses (VET) you need to have the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment -TAE40110. Often if you get a job the college/school will pay for your course, but obviously you are far more likely to get a job if you already have it (about $1000).

Good luck!
WS.
Thank you for that. Won't be teaching Vocational - just Maths and literacy, so I can't actually get that qualification in assessment. Will email WACOT tho. Thanks Jen