Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Supporting letter for accreditation..what shall I write?

Supporting letter for accreditation..what shall I write?

Old May 1st 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Supporting letter for accreditation..what shall I write?

Hi all...me again...

I have applied to be accredited....apparently I need a certain % of my subject at undergraduate to become an accredited English teacher here in NSW....

Fair enough...but I did Media Major and English Minor....and then a PGCE in ENglish.....But I am a bit worroied that Media might not be seen as English....but it is actually PART of English where I did my pgce...

My old professor has said he is hapy to write a supporting letter to say I am in fact wonderful and know Hamlet backwards...well in fact he said I could draft exactly what I needed and he would certfy and sign....I dont want to draw attention to the fact I may be substandard but also want to be sure that they realise as I see Media doesn't appear to be a subject in NSW on the drop down list....

Now...what should I write and how should I word it....YES I know I am an English teacher with appalling typos and spelling...but since I went on maternity leave 3 years ago (from uk) and now in Sydney I feel like I have had a partial lobotomy....ok a full one...

Any ideas anyone???

PP
Old May 4th 2009, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Supporting letter for accreditation..what shall I write?

Originally Posted by plantpot
Hi all...me again...

I have applied to be accredited....apparently I need a certain % of my subject at undergraduate to become an accredited English teacher here in NSW....

Fair enough...but I did Media Major and English Minor....and then a PGCE in ENglish.....But I am a bit worroied that Media might not be seen as English....but it is actually PART of English where I did my pgce...

My old professor has said he is hapy to write a supporting letter to say I am in fact wonderful and know Hamlet backwards...well in fact he said I could draft exactly what I needed and he would certfy and sign....I dont want to draw attention to the fact I may be substandard but also want to be sure that they realise as I see Media doesn't appear to be a subject in NSW on the drop down list....

Now...what should I write and how should I word it....YES I know I am an English teacher with appalling typos and spelling...but since I went on maternity leave 3 years ago (from uk) and now in Sydney I feel like I have had a partial lobotomy....ok a full one...

Any ideas anyone???

PP
Oh please anyone???

WOrding is stumping me big time..
Old May 4th 2009, 1:56 pm
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by plantpot
Oh please anyone???

WOrding is stumping me big time..
I doubt it makes any difference to be honest. Media is also part of English in Oz, as well as being a discrete subject.
Many of my media units, count towards my English recognition and vice versa. As long as they're not all Video Production or something, your skills are transferable form media theory to English analysis.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roamer25
I doubt it makes any difference to be honest. Media is also part of English in Oz, as well as being a discrete subject.
Many of my media units, count towards my English recognition and vice versa. As long as they're not all Video Production or something, your skills are transferable form media theory to English analysis.
Did you get accreditation in NSW? I am hoping it doesn't make a difference...

Unf have known a few folk who were rejected because they didn't have the exact same studies at undergrad to the secondary PGCE....maybe it's just NSW?

Had 18 copies of certs etc certified yesterday by a JP...what a palava...