SOL list

Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:26 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough
Default SOL list

HI guys just remembered that i read on here and IMMI site that you could count anything on the SOL list as part of your 12 months recent experience for 175 visa. My issue is- i already have my 2 year old "Teaching Australia' certificate and my only recent experience at present is childcare worker not teaching because im on wHV in oz at the mo and will not have 12 months teaching exp recently if that makes sense, so can i use the childcare worker 12 months experience and if so....

Do i need to get this skill assessed also by the relevant assessing authority even if i already have my teaching skills assessed??
If nobody knows the answer- i know an agent will but cant afford to ask- any immi agents on here that reply to such questions please??
thanks again x
Laura
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: SOL list

Originally Posted by missapps
HI guys just remembered that i read on here and IMMI site that you could count anything on the SOL list as part of your 12 months recent experience for 175 visa. My issue is- i already have my 2 year old "Teaching Australia' certificate and my only recent experience at present is childcare worker not teaching because im on wHV in oz at the mo and will not have 12 months teaching exp recently if that makes sense, so can i use the childcare worker 12 months experience and if so....

Do i need to get this skill assessed also by the relevant assessing authority even if i already have my teaching skills assessed??
If nobody knows the answer- i know an agent will but cant afford to ask- any immi agents on here that reply to such questions please??
thanks again x
Laura
This question has been asked a few times on the immigration section (where quite a few agents post) and I'm 90% sure the answer is that you don't need your skills assessed as child care and that you just need to show evidence of employment in an occupation on the SOL.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:44 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can to meet the recent work experience requirement, as long as its:

-in an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
-for at least 20 hours a week
-in a paid position
-for at least 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:10 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough

You two are diamonds thank you i have searched but struggle to find what i was looking for!!! Can you direct me where to read the documents they require exactly to prove this stuff, WS i have done all that stuff you said, worked 20 hrs etc, but only for 6 months in oz right now- can provide reference and the other 12 months was on cruise ships, where i can also provide written reference from my boss, maybe not the company though!!!
Im still confused as to what they actually require as solid evidence for this experience as they have all been private jobs, cash in hand!!! ahhhh, no wage slips from my oz job just a group certificate of my 6 months as they give you out here!!!
thanks though guys anyways