Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Skills assessment Australia PGCE transcript advice

Skills assessment Australia PGCE transcript advice

Old Oct 7th 2009, 10:51 am
Just Joined

litmanen007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills assessment Australia PGCE transcript advice

I am getting my skills assessed, through "Teach Australia" before sending off my visa application.

I have received my transcripts from my PGCE - I did it at Leeds uni.

Just want to know what does it have to say on the transcript.

what they sent says how many days of teaching practice I did. But it does not state what modules i took or lectures.

This is what it says in short form

*the number of days I have had supervised teaching practice,

*how the course was structured,

*teaching placements

*What was taught - planning lessons, preparing materials for them, managing the class, and assessing the pupils

*Grades for the areas of QTS - professional values and practice; knowledge and understanding; planning, expectations ans targets; maonitoring and assessment; teaching and class management,

*grades for education and profesional studies and subject taught (mathematics)

*recommendation for Qualified Teaching Status (QTS) from the General Teaching Council (GTC)

For my degree, they sent a paper stating the name of the subjects studied and my grade for each one.

Do I need them to be more specific about what i was taught (i.e. lesson planning, classroom management etc)?

Basically, what needs to be on my transcripts?

Thanks for reading and any advice would be welcome.

Last edited by litmanen007; Oct 7th 2009 at 11:07 am.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:28 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills assessment Australia PGCE transcript advice

Hi,

It sounds like what you have received from Leeds Uni is absolutely fine to use for your PGCE transcript. The important bit is the number of days practice you did.

Mine was very similar and didn't include the modules I did or the assignments I completed and it was accepted.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Hi. That sounds pretty much the same as what I got from Manchester metropolitan and I had no problems
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:24 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with WS and Freckles.

The important bit is the number of days you were on placement. Keep copies of all the paperwork as you may need it for registering with the relevant state when you arrive. Get extra cert copies.

Cooler