Relief Teaching in WA

Old May 19th 2011, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

DannyB2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relief Teaching in WA

Alrite people,

Right I'm about to make the big move (finally) and join my family in Joondalup, WA on 13th July. I have permanent residencey. I am a Secondary Science Teacher with a years experience. I can teach all 3 sciences, but mainly Chemo and Bio. Now Im to understand that its going into the final semister when I get over there, so Im hoping to try get relief teaching. Im already registered with WACOT and Dept of Education. How much are relief teachers on? Does anyone know where the best place to sign up with is? I would rather teach in the private sector or Catholic as this is what Im in now, but Im sure the schools cant be rougher than the one Ive been in in Liverpool! I would hopefully try to sort a fulltime permenant job before Christmas, what you think the chances of that are?
Any opinions or advice welcome.
Thanks
Danny