Quitting current uk post

Old Jan 25th 2009, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

luckygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quitting current uk post

Really getting a bit confused about when to quit my uk job when the all important visa appears. I have a young family to consider too.

Anyone leave their post before selling their house (at the end of the term)? Really worried in case we can't sell ours and end up with no job!

Or do we sell up and only give four weeks notice because of leaving the country?

Any advice would be great. What have you guys done?

Thanks!!

LG
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Quitting current uk post

Originally Posted by luckygirl
Really getting a bit confused about when to quit my uk job when the all important visa appears. I have a young family to consider too.

Anyone leave their post before selling their house (at the end of the term)? Really worried in case we can't sell ours and end up with no job!

Or do we sell up and only give four weeks notice because of leaving the country?

Any advice would be great. What have you guys done?

Thanks!!

LG
We quit before selling, figured it was better to be jobless than homeless.

But we were very luck in that our house did sell, in fact a bit before the end of the term so we had to live with friends for a month or so.

I wanted to give my school as much notice as possible, but they'd been really good to me which I know isn't always the case.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:43 am
Just Joined

luckygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quitting current uk post

Thanks. It's really hard deciding which way to play it.