British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Teaching (https://britishexpats.com/forum/teaching-80/)
-   -   Primary Teachers - Any other way in to Australia? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/teaching-80/primary-teachers-any-other-way-australia-615556/)

Alk1 Jun 18th 2009 4:02 pm

Primary Teachers - Any other way in to Australia?

Hi everyone. Does anybody have any other ideas on how I could get into Aus? I do not have enough points to qualify for independent visa (even though I am 44 with 9 years continuous experience as a Primary School Teacher and currently am an Assistant Headteacher) and I have no relatives in Australia to sponsor me.

Was accepted onto WA teaching regional sponsorship programme but not able to go as originally planned in Jan 2010 (a long story!).This scheme is now suspended due to economic crisis.

Does anybody have any other ideas as to any other options available to me? Thanks for your help.

Jen1977ni Jun 18th 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Primary Teachers - Any other way in to Australia?

Originally Posted by Alk1 (Post 7677234)
Hi everyone. Does anybody have any other ideas on how I could get into Aus? I do not have enough points to qualify for independent visa (even though I am 44 with 9 years continuous experience as a Primary School Teacher and currently am an Assistant Headteacher) and I have no relatives in Australia to sponsor me.

Was accepted onto WA teaching regional sponsorship programme but not able to go as originally planned in Jan 2010 (a long story!).This scheme is now suspended due to economic crisis.

Does anybody have any other ideas as to any other options available to me? Thanks for your help.

Would you have enough points for the independent visa if you did the IELTS exam? I had to do it to gain back the 10 points I lost due to my age (32), I also have 9 years experience.... The worrying thing for you is, once you're 45, your chances of getting into Oz become even less.....how many points do you have?

Alk1 Jun 18th 2009 8:29 pm

Hi Jen,

According to current figures I have 110 points (15 - age, 25 - english language - with test, 60 - nominated occupation and 10 for work experience). Cannot claim any extra for any of the other categories!! So just 10 points short!!:(

Jen1977ni Jun 18th 2009 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Alk1 (Post 7678086)
Hi Jen,

According to current figures I have 110 points (15 - age, 25 - english language - with test, 60 - nominated occupation and 10 for work experience). Cannot claim any extra for any of the other categories!! So just 10 points short!!:(

Will PM you...

Alk1 Jun 18th 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks Jen for that! Certainly is worth thinking about! Will need to do some investigation as I don't know much about NT.