Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Primary Teachers - Any other way in to Australia?

Primary Teachers - Any other way in to Australia?

Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Alk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Primary Teachers - Any other way in to Australia?

Hi everyone. Does anybody have any other ideas on how I could get into Aus? I do not have enough points to qualify for independent visa (even though I am 44 with 9 years continuous experience as a Primary School Teacher and currently am an Assistant Headteacher) and I have no relatives in Australia to sponsor me.

Was accepted onto WA teaching regional sponsorship programme but not able to go as originally planned in Jan 2010 (a long story!).This scheme is now suspended due to economic crisis.

Does anybody have any other ideas as to any other options available to me? Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:48 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Primary Teachers - Any other way in to Australia?

Originally Posted by Alk1
Hi everyone. Does anybody have any other ideas on how I could get into Aus? I do not have enough points to qualify for independent visa (even though I am 44 with 9 years continuous experience as a Primary School Teacher and currently am an Assistant Headteacher) and I have no relatives in Australia to sponsor me.

Was accepted onto WA teaching regional sponsorship programme but not able to go as originally planned in Jan 2010 (a long story!).This scheme is now suspended due to economic crisis.

Does anybody have any other ideas as to any other options available to me? Thanks for your help.
Would you have enough points for the independent visa if you did the IELTS exam? I had to do it to gain back the 10 points I lost due to my age (32), I also have 9 years experience.... The worrying thing for you is, once you're 45, your chances of getting into Oz become even less.....how many points do you have?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jen,

According to current figures I have 110 points (15 - age, 25 - english language - with test, 60 - nominated occupation and 10 for work experience). Cannot claim any extra for any of the other categories!! So just 10 points short!!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:31 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alk1
Hi Jen,

According to current figures I have 110 points (15 - age, 25 - english language - with test, 60 - nominated occupation and 10 for work experience). Cannot claim any extra for any of the other categories!! So just 10 points short!!
Will PM you...
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Primary Teachers - Any other way in to Australia?

Thanks Jen for that! Certainly is worth thinking about! Will need to do some investigation as I don't know much about NT.