Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

NSW Pre Employment Program

NSW Pre Employment Program

Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough
Default NSW Pre Employment Program

2nd attempt at posting this thread - think my computer is on a go slow and competing with a snail to see who is the slowest!

Has anyone on here had experience of the NSW Pre Employment Program?

Have had my qualifcations assessed and all ticketty boo, but will need to do the above before I can register to teach. I believe it lasts 12 days, much longer than the SA one, (where I have also had qualis assessed). Is it really difficult to pass the NSW requirements? Have been teaching in the UK for the past 10 years in a school which has some really socially deprived children. I am sure that it will all be fine, but if anyone has been through this, I would really appreciate some feedback on what to expect etc.

We need to decide whether SA or NSW is for us and it seems NSW is coming out on top at the mo - there seem to be more jobs around and it would also seem more likely that OH will also be able to get a job there than in SA. (I have Aussie citizenship and passport)

Hope someone will be able to advise about the PEP. Many thanks. Lou x

Last edited by Aussie4me; Dec 21st 2008 at 4:25 pm. Reason: spelling!