Netherlands

Old Jun 1st 2005, 8:40 pm
Insomniac

Default Netherlands

So in a slight change to the usual Oz/US/UK/Canada questions, has anyone got experience of teaching in Holland? I used to live there and loved it, and was wondering if I could go back. Either primary - I've done teaching English there, but could also be a general teacher (at least, if I trained for 2 more years, as I've already got a degree - Dutch PGCE equivalent, unless they're so desperate you don't need it?)... or secondary, probably teaching English.

Any particular area need native speakers/teachers/anything along those lines? Thanks in advance!

Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

The Hutspots is just really niceThe Hutspots is just really niceThe Hutspots is just really niceThe Hutspots is just really niceThe Hutspots is just really niceThe Hutspots is just really niceThe Hutspots is just really niceThe Hutspots is just really nice
Default Re: Netherlands

Originally Posted by Insomniac
So in a slight change to the usual Oz/US/UK/Canada questions, has anyone got experience of teaching in Holland? I used to live there and loved it, and was wondering if I could go back. Either primary - I've done teaching English there, but could also be a general teacher (at least, if I trained for 2 more years, as I've already got a degree - Dutch PGCE equivalent, unless they're so desperate you don't need it?)... or secondary, probably teaching English.

Any particular area need native speakers/teachers/anything along those lines? Thanks in advance!
Hi Insomniac,

I have been living and teaching in Noord Brabant for the past 5 years now. Where abouts was it you lived in holland? Most larger cities in the Randstad need teachers - depends on what level u want to teach. Plenty of work for teachers at VMBO level. Is ur qualification recognised by the IBG groep in Groningen? My QTS was not a problem but my i had to jump through hoops to get my language skills recognised!

Let me know if u need any help.