Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Info needed for Statement of Service

Info needed for Statement of Service

Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Info needed for Statement of Service

How detailed does the statement of service need to be? Is it okay for the Head to sign this? Also just trying to get a file of paperwork together will I just need CV's, 3 references and statement of service? Have I missed anything out? Thanks Nicky
Old Jan 6th 2010, 2:18 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info needed for Statement of Service

Is this instead of a reference or as well as? Has it been requested by someone?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WS
Is this instead of a reference or as well as? Has it been requested by someone?
Hi

I have read a few threads saying you need some kind of statement of service to ensure that you get paid at the correct level
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:43 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, yes you need to provide evidence of your previous employment so the Dept of Education move you up the pay scale. I just used my reference from my school.

It just needs to cover these points (if your reference doesn't, just type this out and ask the school to print on headed paper and sign!):

- Job title and a few duties
- Date you started and ended there (remember to include August)
- Full or part time
- Something like 'xxx has had no periods of unpaid or paid leave during this employment'

And you need a seperate letter for each school.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Some employers and education departments need this for pay scale.

WA education payroll dept would only accept it as a bullet point list
Even though we had the same details in references, barmy. So we had ask very nicely and get all the employers to do it again but in bullet form list format.

Gems
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:23 pm
WS

The WA Dept of Education payroll accepted mine without any problem which was just a copy of my reference written in paragraphs. As usual I guess it just depends who processes it!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks I will get a new statement to go alongside my references just incase. Can you think of anything else I would need apart from this and references thanks Nicky
Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:42 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbn8
Thanks I will get a new statement to go alongside my references just incase. Can you think of anything else I would need apart from this and references thanks Nicky
I had my Head print a few copies. From my experience, get loads of copies and get them certified. We did that but in SA it's easy to get them done by a JP fo free.

Good luck,
Cooler
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
I had my Head print a few copies. From my experience, get loads of copies and get them certified. We did that but in SA it's easy to get them done by a JP fo free.

Good luck,
Cooler
Thanks, hows it going? How are you finding teaching? Nicky
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:34 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, hows it going? How are you finding teaching? Nicky
Well, only done a few days supply at the school I have a job. Nice so looking forward to working again - double summer holiday for us! SA is a bit of a minefield for teachers and many don't get perm jobs in the state. I've gone for an Indie school (low fee pay) and as it's small, I am going to teach maths (my subject) yr9-11, PE Theory yr11, Science yr9 and Primary yr4/5. It's on two sites 20k apart so some travel but I've got 93% of f-t so at least I'll earn a good whack.

I'm on the top for years in on the pay scale so that is nice. Visited Brisbane and a mate is a long serving teacher there and it would appear that the education is perhaps less variable.

No matter where you go, kids are still kids though!

How are you doing?

Cooler
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Well, only done a few days supply at the school I have a job. Nice so looking forward to working again - double summer holiday for us! SA is a bit of a minefield for teachers and many don't get perm jobs in the state. I've gone for an Indie school (low fee pay) and as it's small, I am going to teach maths (my subject) yr9-11, PE Theory yr11, Science yr9 and Primary yr4/5. It's on two sites 20k apart so some travel but I've got 93% of f-t so at least I'll earn a good whack.

I'm on the top for years in on the pay scale so that is nice. Visited Brisbane and a mate is a long serving teacher there and it would appear that the education is perhaps less variable.

No matter where you go, kids are still kids though!

Cooler
Good to hear that you have managed to get yourself some work. We are moving out of the house at the end of next month, shippers collecting the furniture and storing for a month or so before sending out. We are flying once school finishes in July, just hoping I can manage to get a bit of supply work I dont imagine I will be able to get a perm job but will try. If I cant get any secondary work I dont mind jumping to the primary side anything really. Are you pleased you made the move so far then?

How are you doing?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:13 pm
Capt Hilts

Good to hear that you have managed to get yourself some work. We are moving out of the house at the end of next month, shippers collecting the furniture and storing for a month or so before sending out. We are flying once school finishes in July, just hoping I can manage to get a bit of supply work I dont imagine I will be able to get a perm job but will try. If I cant get any secondary work I dont mind jumping to the primary side anything really. Are you pleased you made the move so far then?

How are you doing?
Oh yes, we have a long list of why we came. I grew up in Hong Kong and love the sea, so being able to go to the beach after work is just great. I read all the negs about Aus and Adelaid and found most to be not correct (for us anyway). Kids are in the local surf life saving and love it - dolphins swam with them last week.

Cooler