Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

I want to be a Secondary Mathematics teacher in QLD! help!!

I want to be a Secondary Mathematics teacher in QLD! help!!

Old Dec 8th 2010, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

victor1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I want to be a Secondary Mathematics teacher in QLD! help!!

Hi all,

I am 27, graduated in 2004 with a 3 year BSc in mathematics from Manchester University (UK), and am looking at starting a secondary school teaching career in Queensland. What are my options? (I don't have a PGCE or QTS or anything like that, just the 3 year BSc maths degree.

Thank you all,

Victor
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to be a Secondary Mathematics teacher in QLD! help!!

All teachers here need a 4 year teaching degree or a degree +Post graduate.
Its often called a graduate diploma.

You can do it distance learning here, Open Universities Australia does course as do all the Universities. Or you can do it oncampus.

Once you have this you need to get state registration, then you can teach.
As your subject is Maths you should have better chance of securing jobs with this subject, also bonus if its high school Maths.
Primary isnt a shortage in Australia any more.

Gems
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:53 am
Banned

pakeeza1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I want to be a Secondary Mathematics teacher in QLD! help!!

i am offering you a teaching job in high school manchester so you can join
and we will give you an attractive sallery package which will be visible for you
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

natandnom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I want to be a Secondary Modern Languages teacher in QLD! help!!

Hi all,

I, too, would like to teach in Queensland but am confused.

I am a qualified secondary teacher of French/German and Spanish here in Scotland and I have been advised to complete an APPLICATION FOR TEACHER REGISTRATION FORM, as indicated in the
https://www.qct.edu.au/PDF/PSU/Teach...Guidelines.pdf but cannot seem to find this form!!

Also, section 9 of that document stipulates that I must complete the Declaration. The only information I have been given by one of the Registration Officers is the following: "You do not need to complete a blank statutory declaration form.You will need to complete the declaration at the end of the application form, it does not relate to criminal history. The declaration is at the end of the application form - you need to read the document - sign the declaration in front of an authorised person. The person certifying the declaration witnesses your signature on the declaration."