Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for qualifications to be assessed?

How long does it take for qualifications to be assessed?

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough
Default How long does it take for qualifications to be assessed?

Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone could help me. Have sent off all the paperwork for my teaching qualifications to be assessed by SA. Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take before I hear? Assuming it is good news, can I then register with the SA board before leaving UK or do I have to wait until I am in Australia to do so? Have Australian citizenship but will still need to sell house before we go...thanks for your help guys. Lou x
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long does it take for qualifications to be assessed?

dont know if this helps but WA do it within six weeks, am sure it will be similar in SA
all the best on your move, hope ur house sells for a decent price
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that - not too bad then....can't believe how house prices are dropping in UK though! By the time we move, we will only be able to afford a shed! Have you got a job to go to in WA? Am looking forward to going, but there is so much to do before we get there! Thank you for taking the time to reply.Lou x
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:40 am
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

we will have a job and house provided, we will be teaching in a rural school WA are currently desparate for teachers in these schools