Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

How to go get the extra year to teach in Aus?

How to go get the extra year to teach in Aus?

Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Question How to go get the extra year to teach in Aus?

I qualified in July 2007 as a primary school teacher and have been doing supply since then.
I understand I won't be able to teach in Australia as they don't recognise my 3 yr full time route as opposed to the pgce.
Does any one know if I can take a one year course here in UK that will give me what Aus. is looking for to make up the four years?
I don't really want all this to have been for nothing but don't know what to do.We are hoping to go out on my OHs job( carpenter) but I would still like to teach.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to go get the extra year to teach in Aus?

Originally Posted by Babsw
I qualified in July 2007 as a primary school teacher and have been doing supply since then.
I understand I won't be able to teach in Australia as they don't recognise my 3 yr full time route as opposed to the pgce.
Does any one know if I can take a one year course here in UK that will give me what Aus. is looking for to make up the four years?
I don't really want all this to have been for nothing but don't know what to do.We are hoping to go out on my OHs job( carpenter) but I would still like to teach.
you could to an MEd i believe.

or you could do a DipEd when you get out to Oz
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: How to go get the extra year to teach in Aus?

Originally Posted by hereshoping
you could to an MEd i believe.

or you could do a DipEd when you get out to Oz
thought about MEd but funding it is a bit out of reach at moment plus would it not take more than a year? We're hoping to go early 2009 and I don't want to hold everything up, or start a course and end up having to pack it in.
What is the DipEd? I didn't know about that, it could be a better option maybe, plus with being an Aus qualification will be more easily recognised. I'll have a look on the Queensland Education site?
Thanks for the info!